Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Gun Names Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Gun Names 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quote
dedpool
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 244
Location: Hokie Nation
Do any of you guys have a nickname for your favorite gun? I named my 66 powermaster "Vera". Shes my only gun so shes definitely my favorite Hug
(maybe I'm just weird)
I've posted pics of her before but here she is again!


_________________
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:53 pm Reply with quote
leadman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 215
how did you get that scull on there?

_________________
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=huntingcanada
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:59 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
No- it's just you, you're weird. LMAO Actually, I have no idea if it's weird, but I have never made a habit of naming inanimate objects other than children's stuffed animals and such- so I can't say.


How's the paint holding up so far on that Crosman? Any chips or flaking so far?


Last edited by AirGunEric on Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:59 pm Reply with quote
dedpool
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 244
Location: Hokie Nation
spray paint and a home made stencil

_________________
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quote
leadman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 215
very nice

_________________
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=huntingcanada
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:04 am Reply with quote
dedpool
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 244
Location: Hokie Nation
the paint is starting to flake off the barrel and the scope. I probably should have sanded them before painting so it would stick better. It still looks great on the forend and stock though(except for a little bit near the trigger, apparently bug spray will remove the paint almost instantly)


Last edited by dedpool on Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:19 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
I hear ya. If you didn't sand the barrel that's one thing- but if you didn't wipe it down with paint thinner, lacquer thinner or alcohol- the metal may also have oils in/on it that will keep the paint from adhering properly- i.e. gun oils and hand/finger oils. Good that the plastics are holding up reasonably well.

And who knew bug spray made for a good paint thinner? 'Tard

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:26 am Reply with quote
leadman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 215
i know i didnt know that, also there is a spray on primer that etches the materials you spray it on and it adheres really well

_________________
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=huntingcanada
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:35 am Reply with quote
dedpool
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 244
Location: Hokie Nation
come on guys, anyone thats ever seen the movie full metal jacket knows you have to name your gun!!!

P.S. thanks for hijacking my thread and making it about painting tips you bastards Thwackin' time

_________________
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Mine is a QB 78 and I call it "Quickie" which stands for "Built Quickly in 78 seconds". Laughing

Al
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:13 pm Reply with quote
The outdoorsman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 07 Sep 2007
Posts: 240
Location: Canada
i have a fishing rod i call "big red"

i call my phantom my "puppy" some times
don't know it that counts Mr. Green

_________________
' I dont think of the audiance as anything different than me, you have to seduce the audiance
ya cant beat'em and ya cant kiss their a$$"
Harison Ford

Shooting Pistols
View user's profile Send private message
Bloody Mary 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Jim McArthur
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 03 Sep 2007
Posts: 151
Location: New Orleans, LA, USA
A friend of mine named his flintlock blunderbuss Bloody Mary.

Can't say I ever named any of my guns, though.

Jim

_________________
"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:10 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Naming your gun because they say so in a movie is the last reason why I would name my gun. But as you can see in my signature I do have a bit of a nickname for my Umarex though I hardly use it.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:49 am Reply with quote
The outdoorsman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 07 Sep 2007
Posts: 240
Location: Canada
broommaster2000 wrote:
Naming your gun because they say so in a movie is the last reason why I would name my gun. But as you can see in my signature I do have a bit of a nickname for my Umarex though I hardly use it.


the movie thing was just a little bit of humor i believe no reason to get upset Laughing

_________________
' I dont think of the audiance as anything different than me, you have to seduce the audiance
ya cant beat'em and ya cant kiss their a$$"
Harison Ford

Shooting Pistols
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:23 pm Reply with quote
under500fps
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 217
Location: Nova Scotia
Do you really want me to tell you what I call this *&%^#@#$ pistol when
at the 8th pump and my finger slips Question

First pump 15 lbs
Second pump 25 lbs
3rd 28 lbs
4th 32 lbs
5 pump 35 lbs
6 pump 36 lbs
7 pump 37 lbs
8 pump 38 lbs
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Gun Names 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 2  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.