Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » BSA Scorpion/Scope mounting options
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
BSA Scorpion/Scope mounting options 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:15 am Reply with quote
Darcy
New Member
New Member
Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2
Location: Saskatchewan,Canada.
I have recentley inherited a BSA scorpion .22 cal. air pistol from my father.The one condition is that ,If i choose to put a scope on it; I cannot remove existing rear sight assemb or the front sight guard.Is there a scope and/or kit that can be used on this particular air pistol with regards to leaving existing sight assemblies on gun? The forementioned gun does have a dovtail groove in it that now accepts the open sights. Thanx, Darcy.


Last edited by Darcy on Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:34 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Interesting pistol. Hasn't been made for well over 10 years now. Not the highest output for a .22 (350-ish fps, but I have heard it's not too hard to bring that up a bit)- but still an interesting piece. I understand it was pretty hefty on recoil, so being accurate with it is most often a two-handed affair!

I assume by your question that you must have the MK I- which didn't have scope grooves (the MK II did). That being said- I'm not sure what specifically will work on a Scorpion. Maybe one of our UK members has more knowledge on this?

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:02 am Reply with quote
Darcy
New Member
New Member
Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 2
Location: Saskatchewan,Canada.
I apologize for the incomplete info. RE: BSA air gun/scope mounting info.I have checked the gun and cannot find the model # ,only the serial #;as to model ,Mark I or Mark II.I added in my first posting that the air pistol does have dovetail mounting for the existing open sights. Thanx,Darcy.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:59 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
If the existing open sight(s) are sitting in grooves (a rail)- how much rail is left on the barrel ahead of the rear sight to be used by something else?

You are not able to remove the factory sights(s) temporarily to use a different setup? If the factory rear sight uses the grooves- it should be removable, and replaceable later, without any issues.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BSA Scorpion/Scope mounting options 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.