Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » airguns I have tried
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
airguns I have tried 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:08 pm Reply with quote
donec
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Posts: 836
Location: central Texas Pflugerville area
We have tried several airguns and will probably try more. I thought I would post our experiences with the ones we tried for other newbies to read. So far we have been lucky in that we have been able to return the ones we have not liked to the stores where we got them.

I started Looking at the Crosman Quest 1000 but since I liked the scope on the Crosman Storm XT better I got a Storm XT.

It seemed like a good rifle not hard to cock and the trigger was acceptable. Had a really good scope and decent fit and finish even though the finish was some kind of dip method which I was afraid would not do well for refinishing. The problem with it was a screw going to the trigger guard was stripped and I felt the barrel had just a touch too much droop so I returned it.

About the same time I got a Crosman 3576 co2 revolver. It is not quite as nice as the one I had several years ago but it works quite well for plinking and is pretty accurate a keeper.


My wife got a Crosman 1088

but didn't like the weight of it or the size it was too big. It shot well but got returned for a Gamo PT 80

but it had leaking co2 problems and the trigger was not consistent so it got returned for a Beretta PX4 Storm.

So far Beretta PX4 Storm is a keeper but she doesn't like the kind of hole it makes in the co2 cartridge so we now have 2 of them and will return the one that makes the best hole.

I got a gamo shadow express shotgun in hopes of using it for some kind of skeet shooting but it did not have enough power to bust a clay pigeon. It would put holes in the clay pigeons but would not break them up and they just broke when they fell. No fun.


I got a Crosman 1760SE co2 rifle

and it is a great gun with good finish and an adjustable objective scope. This rifle is a lot of fun to shoot and I highly recommend it. I have not tried any air gun that shot as accurately or was as much fun to shoot. A keeper.

My wife got an AccuAir Force 1100

It was a good shooting rifle, quite accurate, easy to cock and we got it on clearance the price was $120.00 dropped down to only $49.00 with a scope. The scope was a piece of junk and the barrel had too much droop to put a scope on it. The fit and finish was quite good especially for the price. For some reason every time we let it set it would get covered with oil even though I wiped all the excess oil I could find off. We didn't really like the synthetic stock even though there was nothing wrong with just our preferences. In any event we exchanged it for a Stoeger X10.

The Stoeger X10

The Stoeger X10 is a very nice rifle with very good fit and finish. the stock is the best we have seen so far. I took the stock off to see if the insides were as good and found it to be all metal inside except for a couple rubber pads. The sights have some plastic like the knobs for adjusting them and the automatic safety has a plastic cover over the metal handle. The trigger seem quite consistent and crisp and not too hard. It shoots very accurately, not too loud, easy to cock and doesn't seem to have hardly any droop. It is a little short for me but not too much so but is just right for my wife.

I got a Benjamin 397

and the fit and finish was quite good on it almost as good as the Stoeger XT and the Crosman 1760SE (almost but not quite) I didn't think the option of putting a scope on it was worth the effort. The trigger was ok nothing special, it was quite accurate and it was not hard to pump but I found that I didn't like pumping several times before firing so I returned it.

Wife got a Crosman Raven

It felt cheap and while it look good and seem to have a good fit and finish it just didn't have the feel of quality to it. It came with a scope which was the best part of the gun. It was not accurate as it just seemed to throw pellets everywhere and it lacked power.

I got a Gamo CFX Royal

The fit and finish was very good much better than the website image at Pyramyd Air. In fact I think they will changing the image on their site soon. I had quite a lot of trouble getting the CFX to sight in and I suspect it was due to the scope I bought for it (defective I think). It was not hard to cock, the trigger was good not to hard or sloppy. If I just shot for fun and was not trying to sight it in it shot very well from a bench but I found it was too heavy for my desires so I traded it in for a Daisy 853c which will be delivered tomorrow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
airguns I have tried 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.