Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » What is the quietest air rifle? Goto page Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:14 pm Reply with quote
bobtodrick
Like Teryx I'm so glad to be put straight.
I have an 853c that I compete with at club level. I shoot, on average 192-195 (out of 200) and often place higher than a number of people with $2000 FWB's and Anschutz's.
I'll sell the 853 tomorrow...hate to be beating those guys with such a piece of plastic crap.
Idiot!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:15 am Reply with quote
Midichlorian
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think the Marauder is super quite.
It sounds more like a basketball dribble then a shot.

Join http://airgunspace.ning.com It`s Like Myspace for air gunners!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:53 am Reply with quote
Verado
This might help. The reviewer for Pyramidair.com uses a dB meter when he does reviews. I think the lowest I saw was the NPSS at 67.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pyramydair?feature=chclk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:42 pm Reply with quote
packrat
AH HA !! caught ya nappin'......I already posted this info on 26 Jan Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:02 am Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Teryx wrote:
BBGun Bob wrote:
By far the quietest air rifle I'v ever heard.

Daisy's are cheap plastic junk,with a 6 pound trigger pull.
Save your money and disappointment Don't buy a Daisy.
Sorry to the Daisy owners but tell it like it is,they have lost it as far as I'm concerned,they have cut corners so far even there top of the line Avanti suffers from poor quality control,plastic everywhere and sights that look like the came out of a Cracker Jack box.If I'm not mistaken the whole Powerline models are all made in China now.

Buy something you will want to keep forever,shoots accurately,and is dependable out of the box.This will keep you happy and interested in the air gun sport for years to come..

Anything less is a waste of money and more than likely will disappoint you to the point of loosing interest in air guns forever.

Just My Personal Opinion
BBGun Bob

Wow, ….Well, I’d like to the first to apologize to the other forum members here for my part in not “telling it like it is” Apology . I’m not sure where I got so cornfused, but I’m glad to be set straight. My 953 has a trigger pull of 3.6 pounds measured on an RCBS scale. Damn thing must be way off. That’s good to know. Mine came with pretty nice fiber optic sights, but I’m sure they will fall apart in time. The weight of the gun felt really nice to me at a little over 6 pounds and perfectly balanced, but what do I know?? 'Tard The competition styled stock is one of very few that I found near perfect ergonomically. Go figure Shrug Both the hand placement and LOP fit like a glove, and the texturing gives it a nice feel. As much as I love my Marauder, I had to toss the stock. I found it literally unusable. Groups from my 953 are under a dime at 10 yards, and at 485 fps measured, it has plenty of power for backyard plinking without posing a big threat in case of a stray shot. At least….., that’s what I thought Rolling Eyes . Pyramid air lists the sound level the same as the Marauder. It is different though. The Marauder makes a “ping” sound while the 953 makes a low pop. For just $72 it seemed to me like one of the best bets out there for a quiet backyard fun gun, as opposed to spending 10X that amount on a Marauder set-up. It's certainly not the end all in air rifles, but it offers a lot for very little money IMO. Come to think of it though, I never did so well in economics class, so just disregard that too Geek .

I would never want to be responsible for steering anyone in a direction that might make them lose interest in air guns forever, so I feel compelled to post this retraction for my part in that. I’ve noticed that the customer feedback on the 953 at PA is 5 stars. What a bunch of knuckle heads! I’ve forwarded Bob’s opinion to them and hopefully that will get straightened out Deal!?! . Again, my sincere apologies to anyone mislead by any irresponsible statements I may have made. Smile

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from me Cool .

Teryx
PMSL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:04 am Reply with quote
Verado
Verado wrote:
This might help. The reviewer for Pyramidair.com uses a dB meter when he does reviews. I think the lowest I saw was the NPSS at 67.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pyramydair?feature=chclk

I know you did. I was agreeing with you. Seeing is believing also, they have alot of different guns that they do the dBa test on so you can just scroll through the channel and see what has been tested

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:50 pm Reply with quote
packrat
I figured as much...was just messing with ya..I for one like those videos, they give much more info than just reading does. You get to SEE the shot groups, SEE the chrony figures, etc,etc,etc. Some talk his show down pretty hard, I think they're just jealous because they don't have a job like that....I KNOW I AM Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles