Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pellets/Ammo » Will the Eun Jin 16.1 fit ??? Goto page 1, 2  Next
Will the Eun Jin 16.1 fit ??? 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:46 pm Reply with quote
supercharged86
Does anyone know if the Eun Jin 16.1 gn in .177 will fit in the Marauder magazine? Or are they too long and require the single shot tray? Thanks. Steve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Teryx
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I don't know about the .177 but the .22 EJ's won't fit the stock .22 magazine. I've modified all of mine so they will take both the EJ's and the Predator. It's a simple task, but does require a lathe to do cleanly.
Teryx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:13 pm Reply with quote
supercharged86
Thanks Teryx, It looks like the .22 version measures in at .389" vs. .304", would you say that would be enough clearance?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:51 pm Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
there are also single shot loading trays out now for the mrod.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:27 pm Reply with quote
supercharged86
sniper wrote:
there are also single shot loading trays out now for the mrod.

Well that's the ultimate question here, do these pellets require the use of the tray or will they fit in the 10 shot magazine? Because if they don't fit, then I will probably forget about getting them. Something tells me at a length of .304" they're gonna just make it in there.

Last edited by supercharged86 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:02 pm Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
try 'em. i have ej's and preds. it ain't too hard to load 'em single
shot without the tray. i'd like to see how fast the .177 go.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Teryx
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
SuperC,
Gosh, I don't know. Close only counts in hand grenades you know? Maybe someone can send you a few to try. All mine are .22 cal. I'm not so crazy about loading .177 single shot. The little pellets are so easy to flip around backwards. I'd be real surprised if the mags couldn't be modified for them though. My .22 cal magazine just needed .025" taken out to function fine with both the predator and the EJ.

Teryx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Teryx
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
SC,
Are you saying that the interior of the case is wider on the .22 than on the .177, or were those measurements of the pellet??
Teryx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:58 pm Reply with quote
supercharged86
Teryx wrote:
SC,
Are you saying that the interior of the case is wider on the .22 than on the .177, or were those measurements of the pellet??
Teryx

Those are the advertised lengths (I found over at AOA). That .025 clearancing you needed, was that on the width inside each hole or on the length? According to my best measurement, the case depth to just under the clear cover is about .410"(but that's to the very bottom where there looks to be a slight convex indentation), perhaps the head of the Eun Jins are not as sharply rounded like the Premier Heavy's and therefore will not sit all the way down thus requiring a little more room. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it and just order the damn things and the tray too, just in case.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Teryx
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yea, the .025 was the length. More than likely they use the same case, and the long .177 pellets fit fine. Seems like everyone bought the .22 version so info about the .177 is harder to come by. You're going to be breaking trail I'm afraid.
Teryx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:09 pm Reply with quote
supercharged86
sniper wrote:
try 'em. i have ej's and preds. it ain't too hard to load 'em single
shot without the tray. i'd like to see how fast the .177 go.

900 fps would equate to 29 fpe, that would be some pretty nice knock down power.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:15 pm Reply with quote
supercharged86
Teryx wrote:
Yea, the .025 was the length. More than likely they use the same case, and the long .177 pellets fit fine. Seems like everyone bought the .22 version so info about the .177 is harder to come by. You're going to be breaking trail I'm afraid.
Teryx

Yeap, I sat for what seemed like hours on end, pondering which version to get. Although, I'm very pleased with it, I hope I didn't make the wrong decision in the end.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Teryx
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There is nothing wrong with the 177. Most of us got the .22 because we hunt and want the extra energy. If you ever decide you want a .22, all you have to do is buy a bolt, barrel and magazine. I'd guess around $65 for the parts and about 20 minutes on the bench. It's all bolt on stuff. I'm building my own .25 so I have a little more work to do, but these guns are butt simple.
Teryx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:43 am Reply with quote
supercharged86
Teryx wrote:
There is nothing wrong with the 177. Most of us got the .22 because we hunt and want the extra energy. If you ever decide you want a .22, all you have to do is buy a bolt, barrel and magazine. I'd guess around $65 for the parts and about 20 minutes on the bench. It's all bolt on stuff. I'm building my own .25 so I have a little more work to do, but these guns are butt simple.
Teryx

I was thinking about that, or how about the parts for the new .25? What are you using for .25 parts?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Teryx
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The 25 would be the same deal (I think). I don't know for sure whether they will use the same hammer/valve/etc, but they probably will. I'm building my own hammer, valve, bolt and other parts. The barrel is a Lothar Walther blank. I'm leaving it full length, so I will also build an entended and enhanced shroud. I want a hammer Mr. Green

Teryx
Will the Eun Jin 16.1 fit ??? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pellets/Ammo