Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Target Shooting: Casual, Fun and Competition » Crosman 2240 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:11 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
I think that if you change to .177 and still use the crosman breech then you will have to change the bolt to a .177 Crosman, Thats what I did and it works ok.

Al

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:56 am Reply with quote
packrat
Dang it !! Crosman doesn't sell the barrels available in the custom shop, they are "custom shop only" parts. So, I just ordered the other part numbers that Brutuz provided. Sometimes I get "caught up" in more stuff than I'm able to handle, so the longer barrel swap idea can wait....changing out these parts and modifying the valve and stuff per the instructions of "biohazardman" on "airgun university" should be plenty to keep me scratching my head for a while Parts I ordered today, with shipping, totaled $33.76. I'd be willing to bet that by the time I get it like I want it, It would have been cheaper for me to have just had one built through the "custom shop" any takers on that bet??? Good thing the money I'm spending was free!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:49 pm Reply with quote
packrat
Well..ordered parts Monday, girl told me 7-10 working days...got the stuff today !! I be likin' that services....got everything out, polished up and back in. I guess best way is to back out adjuster like 1/2 turn ,take 5 shots using the chrony to tell me when power starts to dropoff sharply ? I've shot the 2240 over the chrony already so I have some baseline numbers to reference..If there's a better way, please tell me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:36 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sorry- what length/caliber barrel were you trying to purchase?

All the "custom shop" barrels are available under different part numbers- you just need to talk to someone who knows whats-what (i.e. a Crosman parts dealer). Post the length and caliber and I will give you a part number that is orderable through Crosman.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:39 pm Reply with quote
packrat
Thanks for offering, but the problem is I was looking for 10 in. barrel in .22 caliber, and I cannot find a part number for it..only place it's listed is in the "custom shop" and doesn't show any PN...she said no parts can be ordered without a part number. I'd rather have the Crosman part over an aftermarket one. I can get a barrel from B&A for like $29.00 plus shipping, so at least I can get one. It would be great if you can come up with that part number, thanks! -Rodger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote
rsterne
Crosman Part # 1322-064 - 10" Barrel .22 cal

For future reference, here is a list of Crosman 13XX & 22XX part numbers:

http://www.network54.com/Realm/CFTech/partnumbers.htm

The 1322 has a 10" .22 barrel and the 1377 has a 10" .177 barrel....

Bob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:20 pm Reply with quote
packrat
WOW I didn't know about that site (network54) ..thanks for that list, you know it's already bookmarked Thumb Up! Will call Crosman back on Monday and get a barrel on it's way to me!! Man this site is THE STUFF !!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:38 pm Reply with quote
T191032
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
packrat,

I recently read on one of the Forum boards, either Crosman Green, or the RimfireCentral Air Pistol/Rifle board that in the CO2 realm, the .177 caliber is less efficient than .22 pellets. I can not verify this, as I've never found my CO2, one Crosman pellet, one Daisy BB pistol, to be "thrilling" enough to keep shooting them.

You will find the 13xx and 22xx series to be rather, uhhmmm, "addictive" to deal with. LOL Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:24 pm Reply with quote
packrat
Yeah, I've also read that the .22 is mo' better than .177, that's why I want a longer .22 barrel for my 2240. As far as what's fun and what's not, well that comes under the heading of whatever floats yer boat. I target practice at 10 meters, almost every night, with my little 2240 from my dining room into my bathroom. Got one of those Gamo traps that you can shoot to re-set all the targets back up and start over. Having big fun at very little expense, what's not to like Mr. Green

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:55 pm Reply with quote
steveR56
Recently got several 2240's after reading of all the mods possible- ordered one from Mac1 with his power and accuracy mods and a 16' barrel; the other I got stock and added a 14" barrel, Tko trigger kit, Boss valve, and a 2289 hammer spring- the goal to make both faster but also efficient. I believe I'l go back to a stock hammer spring and combine with an adjuster as the Boss valve seems to be very efficient- on testing today @38 degrees and with a 15 mph. crosswind I was able to get these groups- Got 38 good shots from the Mac 1 and 22 from my own version which seems excellent considering the temp. Allowed 45 secs. or so between shots Any other suggestions? I plan to leave these at 12gr. Might possibly get another and try the bulk route later

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Lipoly
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That pistol w/such a huge barrel w/o a shoulder stock reminds me of...

Re: Mac1 vs my own 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:03 pm Reply with quote
donec
steveR56 wrote:
a 16' barrel
A little excessive yes?
16" barrel 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:55 am Reply with quote
steveR56
yeah, 16' barrel would be a bit much,my typo, should have been 16"- will be adding a stock to the other one -just waiting on that and a scope . 16"-18" will give you optimum velocity from 12 gr. setup.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:21 am Reply with quote
packrat
I got mine from AOA....$49.95 Mr. Green Mr. Green then a few mods later, and I'm very happy with it...42 shots,489.58 average fps, high was 553.87, low was 377.57 (only shot under 400fps!) 11.9 rws hobbys, indoors, 71 degrees. B&A valve, Crosman 10 inch barrel, and Crosman power adjuster, Crosman sear (trigger) spring adjuster .highest fpe 8.11, average for the 42 shots-6.34 fpe. I am WAY happy with it!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:24 am Reply with quote
steveR56
Glad to hear from you- have you pursued the bulk-fill route yet? Seems I saw another post with you, rsterne, and Brutuz discussing that. Just wondering about cost for that for setting it up. pcp vs co2 already have scuba tank for my discovery,if pcp is doable-but have seen a ton of co2 bulk also,just have no clue about parts and awalk-through to doing it. don't really want a down tank(hanging vertical off filler tube) have seen some attached via a block of sorts that extend under the barrel(like a forearm) and some using a flex mico-hose going to a tank at your hip. also how do you bulk -fill the tanks? paintball shop?
Crosman 2240 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Target Shooting: Casual, Fun and Competition