Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics » Peep Sight Update
Peep Sight Update 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:02 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Iv'e been using my Winchester's peep sight now for a few weeks and things seem to have settled down, at first it was new and took some getting used to, in fact I was seriously thinking of taking it off and going back to iron sights, anyway after a bit of perseverance things got better but I still wasn't getting the target groups I was expecting, previously I had changed pellets from Bisley Target Pratice to Hobbys, which increased the fps by up to 30fps because of there tighter fit, and that was the problem so I changed back to Bisleys and my groups tightened up considerably.

Since then I have made a couple of extra discs for the sight .5mm, 1mm and the sight is 2mm, these discs are magnetic so they just stick in the recess of the sight.
The .5mm is very accrate but you need good lighting to see the target, the 1mm is also good but you still have to take time to locate the target so for general use I stick with the 2mm setting which can be used quickly,
even in low light.

I did consider at one time getting a scope to improve the group's I was getting, but I'm glad I didn't ( It wouldn't have looked right on a Winchester ), so now I am very pleased with the setup.Very Happy

AL

Last edited by Alstone on Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:49 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Glad to hear everything worked out for you Al. Would you make another sight like this in the future- or was this a once only trial?

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:35 am Reply with quote
Alstone
I don't really know Eric, I quite enjoyed the challange and if I needed another one I suppose I would, but it would have to be on the right type of rifle one that looks the part, and on the Umarex Winchester which has a maximum effective range of about 25m it's just as good as a scope and faster to use. so for short range rifles it's an ideal accessory.

I do have to make a new sight to replace the old rear sight as it gets in the way a little bit, I have to make it so it folds down.

I'll print off some of leadmans 20m targets and post the results in the near future.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:42 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Looks nice and classic. All thumbs up!

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics