Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Looking For Somthing Diffrent Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Looking For Somthing Diffrent 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:11 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
I’m looking for a new air rifle preferably something different it must use 12g Co2 and cost under £200 UK or $400 Canadian, I would like it to be multi shot in .177cal, the max range I would use it for is 25m, I would like something Quirky which isn’t just the run of the mill airgun.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I should add it wants to be a fun gun but resonably accurate.
AL
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:50 am Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 1060
Location: Herefordshire, UK
Hi Al

Hmm... Nothing springs to mind straight away, Except the Crosman 1077, But it's not one for accuracy, Sure it will hit a bean can every time and punch holes through it with 7.9's @ 25m, But don't expect anything tighter that 2 inches at 25 without luck or modifications, Or maybe I just haven't found the right pellets for mine yet, I'm using nothing but Bisley's at the moment, I've tried Crosman AccuPell's, Eley Wasp's, Air Arms Field's, Bisley LRG's, Bisley Practice's and Bisley Pets control's, All with around the same grouping's so maybe it is the 1077's barrel and not the ammo.

It's a shame that the Umarex Airmagnum 850 only takes 88grm CO2 tanks, Without buying a ridiculously overpriced 12grm CO2 adapter, Though machining one of these up shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

Hope this helps a bit!

I will continue looking around a bit more for any thing else near your description.


Stevie Thumb Up!

_________________
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS 22nd Regiment Hereford.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:00 pm Reply with quote
kdoubt
Member
Member
Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 38
You could always go with a pistol Smile

plenty of multi shot co2 with quirk

Gamo PT-80
Crossman P99
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:33 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 1060
Location: Herefordshire, UK
Hi kdoubt

I think Al was definitely looking for a Rifle as he already has three Pistols, Those being the 'Webley MKll', 'Walther CP88' and the 'Rohm Twinmaster'.

So now He is looking specifically for a Rifle to meet the specifications that He mentioned.


Stevie Thumb Up!

_________________
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS 22nd Regiment Hereford.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Hi stevie
I don't really want another pistol the Gamo PT-80 dosen't do anything for me and the Crossman is only BBs I think, saying that the Drozd it's a BB gun with a bit of a bite and different, but I would need to have a look at one of them before I would buy,

AL
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:59 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 1060
Location: Herefordshire, UK
Hey Al

Although you said that you weren't interested in any more Pistols, I would just like to say that the Anics Skif A3000 is a very nice CO2 Multi-shot pellet pistol, Shame it doesn't have 'Blowback' Or it would have been in my collection long ago!

Never really liked the PT-80 when it came out either!

Still keeping an eye out for that CO2 Multi-shot Rifle though.


Stevie Thumb Up!

_________________
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS 22nd Regiment Hereford.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:41 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
I've been thinking about that multi-shot rifle idea- but using Co² caplets as it's power source seems to have severely limited the choices.

How about finding a Co² multi-shot that uses an AirSource bottle and building your own dual 12g caplet "chamber"?

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Hi Kdoubt
Like Stevie said I've got three pistols allready and don't really want another one, apart from a falcon Raptor but they are two expensive and are precharged which is more cost for bottles etc, and I don't want to go down that route just yet, but thanks for the input.

Stevie I did look at the Desert Eagle with blowback but it's ugly.

Eric, yes I have though about converting a CO2 Multi-shot into a 2x12g capsul unit, It's just getting the right gun I quite fancy a carbine then it wouldn't be two long when I put a silencer on it. (sorry about that).

AL
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:21 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 1060
Location: Herefordshire, UK
Hi Al

OMFG!!! Yes that Deagle is defiantly the most ugly pistol in the world!! It just looks wrong and the .177cal bore with a .50 barrel Puke

Though I do like the looks of the Walther CP99, The Anics Skif A3000 And the Beretta 92FS, They look even better with suppressors on them! Apology


Stevie Thumb Up!

_________________
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS 22nd Regiment Hereford.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:08 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Alstone wrote:
...I have though about converting a CO2 Multi-shot into a 2x12g capsul unit, It's just getting the right gun I quite fancy a carbine then it wouldn't be two long when I put a silencer on it. (sorry about that).


Dang you European-types and your silencers! I'm gonna build my own "silencer" that's about 100 feet long, 10 feet wide, 8 feet tall and has some doors on it. Then I'll shoot in there and no one will hear it. Ha! Razz

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:48 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 1060
Location: Herefordshire, UK
Hi AirGunEric

I think I might have found an example your suppressor:

Could have done with being a bit longer though!

Beat the System Eric!! Twisted Evil


Stevie Thumb Up!

_________________
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS 22nd Regiment Hereford.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:38 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Hey look at that! Stevie's picture- the silencer is even round like it should be. Mine will be bigger, faster, quieter. Gentleman, we can rebuild him (it). Now play theme from 'The Six Million Dollar Man'. Thank-you, thank-you very much.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Re: Looking For Somthing Diffrent 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:38 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Alstone wrote:
I’m looking for a new air rifle preferably something different it must use 12g Co2 and cost under £200 UK or $400 Canadian, I would like it to be multi shot in .177cal, the max range I would use it for is 25m, I would like something Quirky which isn’t just the run of the mill airgun.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I should add it wants to be a fun gun but resonably accurate.
AL


Why don't you try a PCP. It's not that bad. You'll have to be saving a bit longer though. Mr. Green

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
Re: Looking For Somthing Diffrent 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
broommaster2000 wrote:


Why don't you try a PCP. It's not that bad. You'll have to be saving a bit longer though. Mr. Green


It's the hassel of getting a air tank filled, there's no one near to me and I don't fancy pumping by hand.

al
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:28 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
OK- the car 'debate' has been split off into BS Topics as "the great car debate"...

Thread Hijacked


Boy we can sidetrack a topic quick- can't we! Mr. Green

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Looking For Somthing Diffrent 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 2  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.