Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Splat! Tink!
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Splat! Tink! 
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Wife and son were gone this weekend, so Sunday I spent five solid hours at the range. All that shooting, and souvenirs too:


These are 10.5 grain Crosman Ultramags fired from my G1 at the bottom of a 20 lb. propane tank 100 yards away. This instrument only plays one note, but that tink! is sweet music.

I didn't chronograph it with these pellets, but if 8.2 grain Superdomes come out at 890 FPS, these are probably around 780, and maybe 350 at the target. You can see how they all struck at an angle, so they are definitely on the downhill slide when they get there. Still, they have enough left to go splat!

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
Tink! 
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Griff1950
Member
Member
Joined: 29 Apr 2009
Posts: 72
Location: Arkansas
Slavia, that's still enough energy for birds, rabbits, and squirrels, with decent shot placement. If they hit hard enough to deform like that, they'll still get the job done.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Later in the summer when we have really calm evenings I'll try some groups at 100 yards. I don't believe I have the accuracy to take an ethical shot on a small animal at that range. And if the animal has a kill zone the size of a propane tank (which I can hit), the G1 won't have nearly enough juice.

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:21 pm Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 4027
Location: Tatorville, USA
I am going to have to try that with a LP tank... I located a new spot about 30 mins from here up on "China Wall" with plenty o' room for 100+ yard shots... Even got the blessing of the Forest Rangers to shoot there...

I am allmost set up for HPA/PCP on Sniper Project... I Still need to Hydro and fill the 80 CU SCUBA Tanks... It takes about 2 weeks to get the tanks back...

I got some killer deals on 22 Cu 3000 psi pony tanks... and found the maker for the 3000/1800 psi Regs... Sweet deal worked out with them...

Shooting Crony just shipped my F1 Master replacement...
Yes... after the death on the operationg table of my standard F1... I upgraded to the remote display...

_________________

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quote
rsterne
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 2998
Location: Coalmont, BC
According to ChairGun2.... Crosman 10.5 gr. leaving at 780 fps should arrive at 100 yards at about 490.... Shocked

Bob

_________________
Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
Airsonal: Too many to count!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:17 am Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Quote:
According to ChairGun2.... Crosman 10.5 gr. leaving at 780 fps should arrive at 100 yards at about 490....


I was just estimating; the point being that it still has some snort even beyond its usable range. But now that I know, I'm going after cape buffalo.

Quote:
I located a new spot about 30 mins from here up on "China Wall" with plenty o' room for 100+ yard shots


Find some nice dry ground. Those little puffs of dust sure make elevation and windage easier to manage.

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:54 am Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 4027
Location: Tatorville, USA
100 yard shots from my back yard are marked by a tree that lets off a nice little bark puff when you hit... It's fun... PM to follow...

_________________

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:55 am Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 1582
Location: New Zealand
Its got more whack at 100m than I would have thought....
A 100m hopper stopper Laughing
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Splat! Tink! 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.