Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Do you count the number of rounds you shoot through each gun
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Do you count the number of rounds you shoot through each gun 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:08 am Reply with quote
Crosman140
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Posts: 663
Location: USA
Do you literally keep track and log the number of rounds you put through each of your air guns?

Or...do you just approximate when asked or when you comment about this to other?

_________________
My Critter Gitters
.22 Crosman 140 (1955)
.177 Crosman G1 (2009)
.177 Crosman 1377 (2009)
.177 Daisy 880 (2019)
BB Daisy Red Ryder (2012)
BB Daisy Buck (2019)
BB Crosman 1600 (1980)
BB Marksman 1010 (1979)
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:17 am Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
I used to keep accurate logs, but that has fallen by the wayside with other time constraints. Now I just estimate, but that's made easier by the fact that I never throw out the old pellet tins, in case I might need them later.

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:22 pm Reply with quote
dummyracer36
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Posts: 723
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
i count out a predetermined number of pellets (in piles of 5) that i'm going to shoot in that session.
i normally shoot at least 250 in a sitting
but i do not keep and written records, nor do i keep any targets

_________________
"not tonight dear, i have a race in the morning"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:17 pm Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 3752
Location: Star, Idaho
too much effort. though i should with my springers i don't. i make an assumption within 500+-.

i think my 440 has 15000 through it. hence it needs surgery Crying or Very sad . i only assume that number as it is on it's 3rd spring.

_________________
I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it.......
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:27 pm Reply with quote
scroller99
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 03 Dec 2008
Posts: 272
Location: Hopewell Junction
when I found a pellet that works I usually just shoot from that container until done,kind os a loose way to keep track Cool
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:49 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
All my guns use diffrent pellets, so I just count the tins, 22 thousand pellets total last year, for six guns.

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:26 am Reply with quote
under500fps
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 217
Location: Nova Scotia
I used to keep an accurate log when I had 10 airguns . Twisted Evil
Now that I have 24 + or - one airguns, the log is collecting dust somewhere Question Rolling Eyes

_________________
René
My air gun stuff .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:27 am Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 3752
Location: Star, Idaho
[quote="Alstone"]All my guns use diffrent pellets, so I just count the tins, 22 thousand pellets total last year, for six guns.

maniac you are al. i thought my 5000 was a lot! Shocked

how often do you respring your guns??

_________________
I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it.......
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:27 am Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 1582
Location: New Zealand
Couldn't be bothered
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:05 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Alstone wrote:
All my guns use diffrent pellets, so I just count the tins, 22 thousand pellets total last year, for six guns.

Al


I think that lever action helps upping the numbers a lot. Goes for the Twinmaster too, what'd you say, Al? Mr. Green

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:18 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
I haven’t re-sprung any yet Sniper, the only springers I have are a TX 200 HC and a B4-2, When I bought the TX I put 10,000 pellets through it in 3 months, overall last year the total for it would be about 15,000. I have bought a new spring for it but the power is still good so I’ll leave it for now.

My other Springer the B4 used maybe 1000 and the rest through my Winchester 94, QB 78, Webley Mkll and Rohm Twinmaster.

This is 18 months use and I always keep 10,000 in stock, you never know when you are going to need them. Mr. Green

You are right about the Winchester Anton it does eat pellets and gas.



Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:58 pm Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 3752
Location: Star, Idaho
very impressive mileage on the TX! i know they are well made!

_________________
I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it.......
View user's profile Send private message
Do you count the number of rounds you shoot through each gun 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.