Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » good first airgun
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
good first airgun 
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Senator Vitaman
New Member
New Member
Joined: 03 May 2009
Posts: 2
Hi all. I am wanting to get an airgun for target shooting, specifically 10 meter air rifle, as well as practice for my .22, and am on a bit of a budget, let's say 5 hundred dollars. I had previously been reccomended a beeman r7, however, I have a question: how consistently can they hit the 9 ring on the 10 meter target? It's about .2 in diameter, and though I can usually just keep my shots in the 5 ring or so, I can occasionally get the 9, and I figure I'll get better with practice.

Also, within the price range, is there any gun that's more accurate than the r7?
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:38 pm Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 4027
Location: Tatorville, USA
Welcome aboard Senator...

I am more of a plinker of small objects at 35+ yards... (Plastic Army men, Paint Balls and such)

One of the more Paper Target Oriented members will be with you shortly…

_________________

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:03 am Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Welcome to the forum, Senator.

Take a look at the Daisy/Avanti 853 and its cousins. They are an entry level 10m rifle, and are the mainstay of organizations like 4H, Jr. ROTC, Sea Cadets, etc. Only about 500 FPS, but very accurate. It's a single pump pneumatic with a Lothar Walther barrel.

http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=145

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:15 am Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 2444
Location: New Jersey- outside of Philadelphia
Slavia is right. Go with something from the Avanti (Daisy) line. The only other manufacturer is Beeman, in which you would probably want an R7 (a bit less expensive).

Good ammo will be key here. Try good brands (cost a lot for pellets, but cheaper than rimfire still) like RWS, Beeman, JSB, Air Arms, and Crosman Premier. Avanti also sells some match pellets, but they aren't used by many and quality cannot be vouched for. Beretta has some, but again aren't used a lot. The first brands I mentioned are most likely to give you the best results.

A nice tune can cost you up to $150, but once done properly it can exponentially increase overall accuracy and ease of shooting.

_________________
"I never set out to be wierd, it was always everyone else who called me it" -Frank Zappa

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
good first airgun 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.