Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » NOT impressed with airgunsmith.com business...
NOT impressed with airgunsmith.com business... 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:10 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
I placed an order online yesterday (Tuesday) at 3:00pm. At 9:04pm this email is sent to me:

"Sid Evans (sales@airgunsmith.com) has issued you a full or partial refund for your payment.

Please do not reply to this email. Email sent to this address cannot be answered.

Temporary Hold Information: A temporary hold has been placed on funds that were returned to your account because you used Instant Transfer to fund the original payment. The funds from this payment cannot be released until they have arrived from your bank account, which usually takes 3-4 business days.

Message From Seller:

At this time we are undergoing some restructuring and unable to accept new orders. We will honor and finish up the orders we have received through May 1st
In the future we will be offering new items from the smallest of screws to complete custom made airguns... [blah blah blah- I edited some BS out as it was just that- Eric]... if you have any question feel free to email us at mail@airgunsmith.com"

I had communicated with Sid Evans on Friday (May 4) before placing the order yesterday- no mention of orders received after May 1 not being processed. The website currently makes no mention of orders not being/not being able to be processed.

Is anyone else stuck in this scenario? If airgunsmith is unable or unwilling to process orders for unspecified reasons- it would be nice if others don't get stuck in a similar situation- one that will cost them money and waste time. I know I have to pay a fee to my bank for sending money to PayPal- and if PayPal doesn't automatically refund the money to my bank account and I have to transfer it manually- that will result in more fees to me.

Hopefully no one has been caught in this.

Any info out there on what the problem is at airgunsmith.com?

Personally- I think this reeks of "amateur business" with questionable ethics. I will however, retract this statement if it can be determined that a good reason for this piss-poor way of (not) doing business is present.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:35 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
[Sort-of] update: Sometime after I placed my order online they did put a partial notice on their parts page (it's cut off- the complete message is not visible). It certainly wasn't there when I placed the order as you have to navigate through the page to place an order. No notice on main page, however.

Really not happy with these/this guy- waste my, and whoever else's, time and money in fees to banks and PayPal. I assume this means the place is just a poorly organized one-man operation.

'Airgunsmith' and the man who runs it, Sid Evans, certainly won't be getting any business or recommendations from me in the future.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quote
sandman
thanks for the info Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:09 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
I really wasn't happy with that little experience. And it did cost me money- PayPal did not automatically put the money back in my bank account- so I had to "transfer" it- which, if you transfer less than $150.00 they charge you a fee.

I still have no idea what the problem there was. What kind of business does things like this? I verified on May 4th that he had what I wanted, the items could be shipped to my address, the online prices were correct, I followed the website order system's directions, I sent payment immediately- and the end result was nothing for me but a loss of time and money. Why either the items just weren't shipped, or why I wasn't asked if I was willing to wait a week or three until they were shipped I have no idea- but it's no way to run a 'business'!

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

NOT impressed with airgunsmith.com business... 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics