Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pellets/Ammo » Could you introduce some high quality pellets to me?! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:42 am Reply with quote
sam0728
TONBON wrote:
be careful.
your German gun may be top quality.
but another gun may not like your design.
every gun is different. 2 of the same model/manufacture may shoot better with a different design.
if you wish to sell to a wide range of airgunner, be sure to test in a wide variety of guns. some new design or idea may be discovered.
Mr. Green Evil Plot

Thank you.I will try to text it with more different guns.But I think the result form the customers is the most important.I can get more useful information form them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:38 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
So how might a dealer get samples of your products to find people to test them for feedback?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:26 pm Reply with quote
sam0728
AirGunEric wrote:
So how might a dealer get samples of your products to find people to test them for feedback?

hehe,The dealer will send the samples to the athletes they recognize to text.They will send the result of text to me.So I can realize the situation.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:54 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
sam0728 wrote:
AirGunEric wrote:

hehe,The dealer will send the samples to the athletes they recognize to text.They will send the result of text to me.So I can realize the situation.

I'm afraid you did not answer the question: How can a dealer get samples to send to people to test?

It seems unlikely that dealers are going to send payment for test samples on a virtually unknown product line- so do you have some sort of program to get samples out?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:50 pm Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
If you have samples... send some my way Laughing

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:55 pm Reply with quote
sam0728
wrote:
I'm afraid you did not answer the question: How can a dealer get samples to send to people to test?

It seems unlikely that dealers are going to send payment for test samples on a virtually unknown product line- so do you have some sort of program to get samples out?

I understand what you are talking about and also agree with your opinion.But I think that the dealer also need the text result and the opinion of athletes to lower the pricce if they have interested in my products.So I may get some information form this way.
But I think that establish a BBS should be more useful, convenient and broad.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:05 am Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Sam, you need to personally go out to local dealers and show off the product. You have to prove to people that it's worth buying. Any experienced airgunner knows that quality pellets don't always work in every gun. The best you can do is offer a highly consistent pellet.

Take the owners out to the range with a couple different guns (that shoot the pellets well). You will do best with a wide range, like cheap gamos to BSA, to Daystate. Shoot some nice groups yourself, then offer them to test. Maybe even go to some airgun ranges and give out 25 count samples to people. Set up some measuring tools and let people have a look for themselves.

Make sure the pellets are packaged nicely. Airgunners appreciate a clean, lightly lubed, highly consistent pellet that is not deformed during shipping. We really love screw top lids (the cheap slide on lids com off too easily, resulting in many a spilled pellet tin). Offer pellet statistics on the tin, weight, caliber, ballistic coefficient, actual size of pellet. Don't give them stupid names like Raptor or some bullsh_.

Offer up different head designs, like wadcutters, hollowpoints, pointed, and domes. Don't feed people stupid facts like increased velocity (using our super lightweight, inaccurate pellets). The bottom line is sell a quality product at a reasonable price, package it properly, give the user accurate statistics.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:33 am Reply with quote
rsterne
What he said

In addition, serious shooters like to be able to buy their pellets in various diameters, because a change of just 0.01 mm makes a big difference in some guns.... The top manufacturers offers their .177 cal pellets in 4.49, 4.50, 4.51, 4.52, 4.53, and 4.54 mm.... and their .22 cal pellets in 5.50, 5.51, 5.52, 5.53, and 5.54 mm.... Shocked

This wide variety is usually only available in target quality wadcutter and round-nose (field target) pellets.... Wink

Bob

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:02 pm Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Ahh, yes, I didn't mention that because this is early in production- we didn't need to get that complicated.

Sam, have a look at these: http://www.vogelusa.com/pellettesting.htm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:45 am Reply with quote
sam0728
rsterne wrote:
What he said

In addition, serious shooters like to be able to buy their pellets in various diameters, because a change of just 0.01 mm makes a big difference in some guns.... The top manufacturers offers their .177 cal pellets in 4.49, 4.50, 4.51, 4.52, 4.53, and 4.54 mm.... and their .22 cal pellets in 5.50, 5.51, 5.52, 5.53, and 5.54 mm.... Shocked

This wide variety is usually only available in target quality wadcutter and round-nose (field target) pellets.... Wink

Bob

You say the 4.49, 4.50, 4.51, 4.52, 4.53,4.54 mm and so on,actually is belong to 4.5mm caliber.My company manufactures 4.49mm and 4.50mm
caliber currently.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:50 am Reply with quote
sam0728
fritz wrote:
Ahh, yes, I didn't mention that because this is early in production- we didn't need to get that complicated.

Sam, have a look at these: http://www.vogelusa.com/pellettesting.htm

I will read it seriously.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:36 am Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Yes. For some unknown-to-me reason, noone can manufacture a barrel that is the true bore diameter. This is why there are 4.47, 4.48, 4.49, 4.5, 4.51, 4.52mm pellets that are supposed to be 4.5mm. Those pellets that are bigger or smaller than the caliber are to accommodate for different bore sizes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:43 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
I think these suggestions for pellet sizing and testing are all very good, but we may be putting the cart in front of the horse.

Sam0728 is producing pellets, perhaps only in limited sizes for the moment- but he needs to get them out there and sold. The problem is that this is going to cost his company money. No one is likely to purchase the pellets (at least not as a dealer) if they are unknown- there are many many pellet manufacturers already, at least a couple of good-quality European manufacturers are not even sold in North America because of the market saturation.

There may very well be a place for Sam's product line in Europe and/or North America- but a more definitive marketing plan, resources and dealer incentives to try their products are required in my opinion. Perhaps offering to send samples to dealers where the dealer only pays for (part) of the transportation would be a good first step to get the product 'out there' for people in different areas, geographically and demographically, to test/try. Everything else is, at least in my opinion, going to be a waste of time and not advance product movement.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Well said Eric. We were mainly talking about the product, not distribution yet.

Sam needs to get a couple small batches produced and get product out to some stores and online retailers. His best bet for online would be Pyramyd Air, Adventures in Airguns, Archer Airguns (maybe), Cobra Airguns, and Straight Shooters. I don't know many stores, but ones in like the San Fransisco area, because of the large airgunner population.

Maybe giving out some samples to custom tuners like Mike Melick, and Richard Imhoff (Rich in Mich). If they test guns with those pellets (and they go through A LOT of guns), you should see a pattern of which brands/models perform well.

You (Sam), should also go locally to shooting ranges and sporting goods stores to see what your local market is like.

A major thing that would sell is to have a few guns that really shoot well with those pellets, that are of different makers. Like have a Gamo, Beeman, Crosman, Techforce/Xisco/Bam/ Chinese cloners, and a Diana. Let people shoot off a few rounds with each and display nice groups in paper. In this game your best friend will be word of mouth.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:46 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
I think this somehow keeps getting missed- Sam's 'local market' is irrelevant if he wants to export the pellets. He is in China and the typical airguns found in Europe and North America are not widely available, so his testing abilities with a wide variety of shooters and guns that would be found in the target markets are not that simple.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
Could you introduce some high quality pellets to me?! 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pellets/Ammo