Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pellets/Ammo » Anyone ever use "Eagle Gold" pellets?
Anyone ever use "Eagle Gold" pellets? 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:42 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Have these "Made in England" specials I got awhile back to evaluate, but didn't get around to it for the last year. Finally pulled them out today- but was NOT impressed.

They are .177 pellets and they were tough to seat, and in fact most took quite a bit of shoving with the bolt to seat in the barrel. One actually got jammed in the barrel it was so tight (it seated with some effort, but a full Co2 charge couldn't move it beyond that).

Anyone have any experience with these things? I've had no issues with 4 other brands of pellets in this gun, but the Eagle Gold were terrible (the shot spread was also greater than any other pellets at 5 metres as well).

Picture of them:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:26 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
In England quality pellets are supplied by gun shops and that’s all they tend to stock, but you can buy other makes of pellet that are basically rubbish, and these are usually sold by Fishing and tackle shops, also some hardwear dealers who don’t sell guns, they are the same pellet but sold under a variety of names.

I do doubt as to whether they are actually made in England, more than likely imported and repackaged to be sold aboard. What makes me suspicious is two languages on the tin.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:45 pm Reply with quote
peterbates
I agree with what you say.I think they are imported and repackaged to be sold aboard.I think that if they makes in England,the situation you mention above should not appear.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:46 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
I have a couple of (plastic) tins of these actually. They are not terribly good quality (heavy as well at around 10gr in .177 format) are do not fit many .177 barrels as they are a fair bit larger than 4.5mm (i.e. they may be as wide as 4.55mm).

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:04 pm Reply with quote
peterbates
hehe,How about the shot spread?Is it also terribly?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:36 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Don't know- when they wouldn't fit in the barrels of the first three guns I put them in, I put them aside and have never gotten back to them. Both tins were the same.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:54 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
It was pointed out that "peterbates" may be "same0728" and "sam0725" who has been doing nothing but trying drum up support for some line of pellets that cannot seem to produce any real details on (I have communicated with them as a potential dealer for their product and they have done nothing but avoid answering direct questions and cannot produce anything other than a couple pictures of pellets that could have been done with PhotoShop).

Anyways, they may not be able to see this, as their IPs have been banned (the multiple userids are all the same person)- but that's fine, their conduct leads me to more and more believe they are setting up some sort of scam, not conducting a legitimate business.

If you can read this, 'Sam', 'Peter', 'Jane' and whatever else- you are not welcome on the AirGunHome.com forum so do not attempt to waste any more of our time and resources.
Anyone ever use "Eagle Gold" pellets? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pellets/Ammo