Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Anyone have info/pics of a Crosman 1008, 2210, 357 valve?
Anyone have info/pics of a Crosman 1008, 2210, 357 valve? 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:31 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
I had heard that Crosman used an interchangeable valve in the 1008, 2210 and 357 pistols- one that can be used in the newer 1077. The 1077 uses a valve/valve housing that is held together with a snap-ring instead of a threaded brass end cap like the others mentioned. I understand the valve housings are different- but that the valve used in the brass-cap applications is interchangeable and seals better than the 1077 snapring-style valve.

Anyone know anything about this- or have a 1008, 2210 or 357 valve they can get a picture and take measurements of?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:41 am Reply with quote
Redster
I have a 1008, although it is still under warranty so I am not ready to disassemble it yet.

Do you know where we might find a set of schematics or some other technical information on it?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:33 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
1008:

1997-present version: http://www.crosman.com/2004/pdf/manuals/crosman/1008/C1008-EVP2.pdf

1992-1997 version: http://www.crosman.com/2004/pdf/manuals/crosman/1008/C1008-EVP1.pdf

Those are the only diagrams Crosman offers up. Unfortunately, other than for part numbers they are kinda useless.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Redster
Ok, so you are looking for some pics/dimensions of the 106B030 assembly on the 1008?

I will look at taking my gun partially apart. Anything you know of that I should be aware of? Will something sprooing apart and I will have to figure out how those things all go back together when I find them scattered across the room?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:34 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
106B030 is the valve housing- the actual valve is number 40A028. Looking at the newer version of the gun- it is also appears to be using a snap-ring- so it seems only the older version has the part with the specs I'm talking about.

Anyways- No- don't pull apart you gun just to get a pic/measurements of a part-especially so as it doesn't appear to be the same one needed for reference. Maybe if you were taking it apart for anther reason it wouldn't be a PITA- but no need to do it and then likely have to go hunting for the trigger and hammer springs on the floor. But I appeciate the offer anyways. Thumb Up!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Redster
Okay, I won't.

I was looking at it yesterday, and it appears I would have to remove the trigger-mounted laser sight in order to really get it apart. Remembering all the hassle I had trying to sight in that sight when I first mounted it, I think I'll leave well enough alone!

Thanks for letting me off the hook, AGE! Wink
Anyone have info/pics of a Crosman 1008, 2210, 357 valve? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles