Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

RifleScope-Shop.com Store Logo
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Daisy 2001 Powerline 35 shot Repeater
Daisy 2001 Powerline 35 shot Repeater 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:33 am Reply with quote
Ksbee
Hello All- First, thanks for hosting a very informational forum. I recently purchased the above air gun without knowing exactly what I was getting into or looking at. I was needing one to eliminate some pesky squirrels and I ran across this one which although older has been used very little.

First problem. It leaks out the CO2 as soon as I insert the cartridge. I think the old cartridge was the orginal and was seated in the "puncturing tube" rather tightly. Upon removal I noticed it has some sort of rubber or plastic lining so the head of the cartridge doesn't leak. I suspect this may have hardened over time causing the leak. Does this sound right? Are there parts available?

Second problem. I didn't realize the gun was supposed to have a magazine to hold the extra pellets. After doing a little research I realize it's missing. Any chance of someone having a parts rifle or finding one of these?

Thanks for your help!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:44 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Welcome to AirGunHome.com

Someone around might have some Daisy parts- i.e. the magazine, but you can also look on Ebay- people sell old parts, just not complete guns as per Ebay's policy.

These guys can sell you seals for the Daisy: http://www.bryanandac.com

or

http://www.daisyrepair.com/parts.htm

You could also try lubricating the seal with a non-detergent engine oil (i.e. 30W ND) available at any auto parts store- but I would look in the gun and be sure the seal isn't ripped before trying this.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:11 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Hey there, Ksbee,

Do you have some specs on the rifle? I wonder if it's really well capable of hunting. It's always important to make sure you have enough power and accuracy to make a clean kill, in stead of swiss cheese. Neutral

Don't get me wrong, I ain't all bad, welcome aboard! Mr. Green

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:08 am Reply with quote
Ksbee
Thanks for the feedback. Did some digging on the internet and found that the Powerline 2001 was introduced in 1994. Supposedly it's capable of shooting around 650 fps. The 35 shot magazine was a new design from Calico, the cats meow of magazines, don't ya know...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:10 am Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
A 14 y/o daisy with broken and missing parts.....good luck, that' all I can say. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:13 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
I have a hard time finding pictures. Could you make us some, you know, for the Archive?

By the way, Eric, might it be an idea to start a simple picture archive, where only moderators can post important pics or something, but that it can be viewed for everyone?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:50 am Reply with quote
theknifeguy
Heres some pics of a Daisy 2001 35-shot Repeater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:09 am Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
That gun's so ugly, makes me wanna' slap my momma'!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:49 am Reply with quote
Slavia
Check this link out - the address is a little long because it is translated from Russian. Apparently it has a 35-round spiral magazine, shoots .177 at 630 FPS, but not hugely accurately. It would probably kill a squirrel, but you're talking sub-10 yard ranges to make a clean kill.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.google.com%2Fimgres%3Fimgurl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Ftalks.guns.ru%2Fforums%2Ficons%2Fforum_pictures%2F001312%2F1312695.jpg%26imgrefurl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Ftalks.guns.ru%2Fforummessage%2F96%2F330884.html%26h%3D1005%26w%3D1919%26sz%3D280%26hl%3Den%26start%3D1%26usg%3D__opi1gbqsq4p2nQJGZ4Z6hMPaGpY%3D%26tbnid%3D1YfcNSpNhw6l8M%3A%26tbnh%3D79%26tbnw%3D150%26prev%3D%2Fimages%253Fq%253D%252522Powerline%252B2001%252522%25252BDaisy%2526gbv%253D2%2526hl%253Den&lp=ru_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:44 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
Look guy, I know how you feel, you just got it, you don't want to waste the money, etc.....

Let me make a suggestion. Really as a friend (so to speak) I'd recommend that you not throw good money after bad. Set aside some money and get a good air rifle. This rifle was never designed to take pests in the first place, though it would work with small animals and birds. I'd suggest you just replace it however. You could end up putting more in it than a good rifle would cost. And you can still tinker with it if you want. Just a suggestion.

Give us an idea what you can spend and you'll get a ton of suggestions.

Just trying to help, sorry.

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles