Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics » Hawke 2-7X32 Scope on R7 rifle
Hawke 2-7X32 Scope on R7 rifle 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:11 am Reply with quote
cliffspot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The Hawke scopes are great! Really clear and tight. I like the fact that the adjustments are solid, good clicks on the turrets, lotta friction on the AO and the ocular adjustments. I like em tight (mind out of the guttter men!) mostly because I am a spring guy, they stay in place and don't walk. An interesting design feature is the elevation adjustment knob. It is a target style with no cap , where the windage knob is the hunting style with a cap. Both are able to be loosened and the clearly defined reference marks can be returned to zero after sighting in with the pellet of choice! So I love the hardware, but the best is yet to come! The BRC program that you download for free is AWESOME! If you plug in the variables accurately (I did it no problem!) the mildots will graduate out to specific yardage. I bought a lot of cheap GAMO match, my R& shoots them very well....and dialed in the scope for these variables:
Scope model: Hawke 2-7X32, MAP 6 Reticle
MV: 580 fps
Caliber preset: 177 air wadcutter
ED Value: .0094 ED is determined one of 3 ways; POI difference, VEL difference, or caliber preset. (Will try the POI method and see if there are any differences)
Scope Height: 1.8 in
Zeroed Range: 20 yds
Magnification: 6X
Reticle: MAP 6
This is what comes out from the crosshairs on down:
Xhairs = 12 or 20 yds @ 0 in
Dot 1 = 9 or 25 yds @ -0.5 in (26 yds act.)
Dot 2 = 7 or 30 yds @ -1.5 in (31 yds act.)
Dot 3 = 6 or 35 yds @ -3.2 in (36 yds act.)
Post = 5 or 40 yds @ -5.4 in (39 yds act.)
I can shoot wasps at 7yds, no problem! Trim the hedges at 7-12 yds! 20 yd field target is too easy, gotta get the reducers for it! My 12 year old nephew Jimmy has got this gun pretty wired!
THINGS I DON"T LIKE: Being an anal airgunner (like most of you SERIOUS guys are! LOL)....Geez did I say ANAL AIRGUNNER?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHA! Didn't sleep the last 2 nights...miss my wifey!
#1 - No elevation knob cover
#2 - Critical eye relief.... but most variables are like that (optical give and take!)
That's it! 2 minor points! In other words I am sure your customers are going to love them! You can get a clearer scope....for $100+ more! You can get an almost as good one for less, but with no program the mildots are trial and error.....hours wasted sighting and measuring and moving targets. I like the program best because it lets me set waypoints in my 20 yd range. Of course the numbers I gave are not actual yds, they are rounded to the nearest 5yd increments. The program has a rounding feature, I put act yds in parenthesis. The objective lens markings are not dead on, but that is common even for more expensive scopes. Now before anyone goes nitpicking about the accuracy of adjustments and the slight variables in rounding; you gotta admit this is a really nice scope and system for the price. Great for gunners on a budget that want to advance their skills and upgrade to more accuracy conducive equipment! Hardcore purists can sit on their Nikkos and Elites; I think this is a great scope that will help shooters get better and learn the more technical side of the sport. It increases hit probability and promotes proficiency with their gun/ammo combo.

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics