Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Airmagnum 850 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:37 pm Reply with quote
boeing299
Member
Member
Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 23
also i meant to say.today when i changed a co2 cartidge i think that i changed it too quickly.when i put the new 88 gram air source in it hissed away until it was gone .not real fast,i knew what was happening and i got to use it for a while.i changed it and put oil on the seal and the next one was behaved...sound familiar at all? Question
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:41 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6872
Location: "Out There"
Some guns- and I can't speak for the AirMagnum specifically- are designed so that you screw in the cartridge fully, then back it off a half turn. Maybe this will help- maybe not.

Oil (use a silicone based oil for Co2 guns) is always a good idea- especially if you're using "generic" cartridges- many do not put lube in them- this is as compared to a genuine Crosman AirSource cartridge, which has silicone-based lube in it to treat the gun internals.


Also- in respect to the "valve" ('ventile' is valve or ventilator- in German as well). I have not yet found an AM850 parts breakdown- but when I do I'll get it posted, but normally- the first part where a cartridge plugs into a gun would be referred to as a "plug" assembly which contains a collar for the cartridge, an end seal, a piercing pin to punch a hole in the cartridge, possibly a screen to catch errant dust/dirt from getting further into the gun, and a 'plug' or small chamber assembly where the Co2 can flow before being transferred to the actual valve.

Without an 850 in front of me or a parts diagram- I can't say what the specific design on the 850 is/isn't- but it's unlikely the collar/seal right where the cartridge attaches is the valve itself- there is probably some sort of transfer tube from the plug/chamber area to the valve- it may be something as short as 1/4" or as long as 6" depending on the path from the plug to the valve. Keep in mind the hammer will strike the valve pin directly and the valve is almost always right at the rear of the barrel behind the pellet loading area. Look at you gun's trigger- figure the hammer is probably a bit above it (it may be positioned further forward or backward as well- but this isn't that critical for this) and the valve will be further forward than the hammer. Check how close this approximate area is to where the cartridge plugs in. The Co2 flow, if it has to be "piped" around the gun- is pretty much always piped before the valve- not after, to get to the projectile load point.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:09 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5712
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
AirGunEric wrote:
Some guns- and I can't speak for the AirMagnum specifically- are designed so that you screw in the cartridge fully, then back it off a half turn. Maybe this will help- maybe not.

Oil (use a silicone based oil for Co2 guns) is always a good idea- especially if you're using "generic" cartridges- many do not put lube in them- this is as compared to a genuine Crosman AirSource cartridge, which has silicone-based lube in it to treat the gun internals.


Also- in respect to the "valve" ('ventile' is valve or ventilator- in German as well). I have not yet found an AM850 parts breakdown- but when I do I'll get it posted, but normally- the first part where a cartridge plugs into a gun would be referred to as a "plug" assembly which contains a collar for the cartridge, an end seal, a piercing pin to punch a hole in the cartridge, possibly a screen to catch errant dust/dirt from getting further into the gun, and a 'plug' or small chamber assembly where the Co2 can flow before being transferred to the actual valve.

Without an 850 in front of me or a parts diagram- I can't say what the specific design on the 850 is/isn't- but it's unlikely the collar/seal right where the cartridge attaches is the valve itself- there is probably some sort of transfer tube from the plug/chamber area to the valve- it may be something as short as 1/4" or as long as 6" depending on the path from the plug to the valve. Keep in mind the hammer will strike the valve pin directly and the valve is almost always right at the rear of the barrel behind the pellet loading area. Look at you gun's trigger- figure the hammer is probably a bit above it (it may be positioned further forward or backward as well- but this isn't that critical for this) and the valve will be further forward than the hammer. Check how close this approximate area is to where the cartridge plugs in. The Co2 flow, if it has to be "piped" around the gun- is pretty much always piped before the valve- not after, to get to the projectile load point.


I'm not german.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:16 am Reply with quote
boeing299
Member
Member
Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 23
thanks eric,good stuff Very Happy not german eh,vell into ze coolah for you Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:45 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6872
Location: "Out There"
broommaster2000 wrote:
I'm not german.


Who said you were? I was only pointing out that the translation was pretty much the same.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:00 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5712
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Okay. Mr. Green

The actual dutch word is "ventiel". Well, it's almost the same as ventile.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
.22 air magnum 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:00 pm Reply with quote
boeing299
Member
Member
Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 23
i wish i could try your .22 850.i ordered a .22 but got another .177 sent to me.good spare parts gun and it keeps company amused but i still want that can bruising power that only a .22 can deliver. Very Happy are the iron sights sufficient or does it have the range to necessitate a scope Question
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:14 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5712
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
I don't think it differs much in power if you choose the .22 or .177. The previous owner only owned .22 guns that's why he bought it.

It's not like if you have the .22 it's more powerfull.

It depends on the version. I ended up with an export version, that uses every bit of power it can get.

The difference is that .22 is usually more heavy. .177 can in some cases shoot harder and may have a longer range.

I've got it with a Bushnell:

http://www.targetmaster.nl/images/Bushnell%20762243.JPG

It's a good scope. One should be able to hit something at 40 meters with this.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:04 pm Reply with quote
boeing299
Member
Member
Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 23
hi broommaster.our version in canada rates the .22 at 655fps and the .177 at 765. my break barrel .22 really blows up a popcan full of water....or pop.the latter is fun but more expensive.warm them up and give em a little shake until you see the bottom starting to bulge and you are good to go. try hanging them Very Happy

i use a bushnell 4x12x40 on my personal rifle and a walther 6x42 that came with it on my spare.i regularly shoot at 50meters and get good satisfaction from this gun.shot the nozzle off of a can of cooking spray at 30 meters the other day........on purpose Very Happy

anyways thanks and good shooting! i still want the .22 though Cool
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:49 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6872
Location: "Out There"
boeing299 wrote:
hi broommaster.our version in canada rates the .22 at 655fps and the .177 at 765.


Doesn't matter- the actual output of the gun is still the same. The .177 and .22 pellets have different weights- the lighter one, the .177 will travel faster with the same amount of muzzle energy as a heavier .22 would. Don't think of "speed" or "velocity" as energy. As a comparison of sorts- imagine yourself being hit by someone walking into you at 2mph- annoying, but not too damaging. Now imagine a full-size tractor-trailer rig bumping into you at 2mph- you're probably going to be severely injured. "Speed" was the same in both cases- but the truck due to its mass is carrying alot more "power".

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:57 am Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 1060
Location: Herefordshire, UK
Hey AirGunEric

Seems you have a good understanding of physics as well then!!

A train traveling at 2mph would have been a good example of "Power" as well.


Stevie Thumb Up!

_________________
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS 22nd Regiment Hereford.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:42 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5712
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
What about a cartboard box Geek

The airmagnum is a very satisfieing rifle. That is the case. Until now I've never seen anyone speaking bad about it.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:48 am Reply with quote
boeing299
Member
Member
Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 23
AirGunEric wrote:
boeing299 wrote:
hi broommaster.our version in canada rates the .22 at 655fps and the .177 at 765.


Doesn't matter- the actual output of the gun is still the same. The .177 and .22 pellets have different weights- the lighter one, the .177 will travel faster with the same amount of muzzle energy as a heavier .22 would. Don't think of "speed" or "velocity" as energy. As a comparison of sorts- imagine yourself being hit by someone walking into you at 2mph- annoying, but not too damaging. Now imagine a full-size tractor-trailer rig bumping into you at 2mph- you're probably going to be severely injured. "Speed" was the same in both cases- but the truck due to its mass is carrying alot more "power".

thanks eric.i have read the statistics.that extra mm of cross section seems to make a bigger splash though. Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:42 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6872
Location: "Out There"
broommaster2000 wrote:
Until now I've never seen anyone speaking bad about it.


Dude! You're really starting to confuse me now- who is speaking badly of the 850???

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:45 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5712
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
AirGunEric wrote:
broommaster2000 wrote:
Until now I've never seen anyone speaking bad about it.


Dude! You're really starting to confuse me now- who is speaking badly of the 850???


No one, the "until now" still goes. Mr. Green

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
Airmagnum 850 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 3 of 4  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.