Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols » 1377 tack driver.
1377 tack driver. 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:35 am Reply with quote
DavidSaunders
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am very impressed with a stock new Crosman 1377 that I got for Christmas.

With the open sights and a 1399 shot I am able to make sub half inch groups at 10 meters nearly every time from a standing unsupported position. And that is with Winchester Round Nose 9.8 Grain pellets, cheap pellets. That puts the accuracy level for this pistol/carbine above any other as far as shooting unsupported goes.

I have shot many 1322's and 2289G Backpackers, though the .177 caliber 1377 beats all of them for accuracy.

My new 1377 in stock form produces right around 6.2 to 6.4FPE at the muzzle on 10 pumps, so it is even usable for some smaller small game at fairly close ranges.

I wish I had tried the .177 caliber form of this pistol/carbine sooner. I did not expect it to shoot that much better than its .22 caliber siblings.

This is the very first 13xx I have owned that I think I will be leaving in stock form, no need for upgrades Smile .

The only little nit pick I have with my new 1377 is that it shoots just a touch high when the sights are adjusted down. Though it is easy enough to adjust the point of aim to compensate for that.

I did notice some things that Crosman has improved with the new models, the front barrel band fits the barrel tight, and has a short spacer formed into it to keep the position above the pump tube consistent, and the piston is definitely stiffer on the newer model, a good lot stiffer (still not quite up to a stuffed piston, though pretty good). And the pump arm/fore stock is held on with screws Smile .
1377 tack driver. 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols