Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics » Scope not holding POI after sighting in Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:50 pm Reply with quote
dr7197
Member
Member
Joined: 18 Jan 2012
Posts: 30
Location: New York
SMP wrote:
why not give the irons a try and see if the problem disappears
Thanks for the advise SMP. I've since removed the scope on the RWS 350, and re-installed the factory iron sights. I've never shot this with the open sights until after a bad shot on a squirrel yesterday.

I cannot believe how accurate this gun is now! I now know that it wasn't me being a terrible shot, or that there was something wrong with the gun. It was definately the scope(s) that I had that was causing the inaccuracies. Now, I can get nickle and dime sized groups on paper @ 30 and 40 yards. The only problem is that my eye sight "ain't what it used to be", and its very hard to see a small target at distance. I guess now I'll have to wait until I've got a 20-25 yard shot before I pull the trigger on the next squirrel!

_________________
RWS 350 Mag .22
Leapers 3-12X40
Gamo Shadow .177
Benjamin Discovery .22
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quote
SMP
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 04 Feb 2011
Posts: 1183
Location: Just south of "Out There"- Land O Lakes Ontario
Hey that's great news

So you'll have to save up some nickels for a top of the line Springer scope with AO

Thumb Up!

_________________
Sean
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:13 pm Reply with quote
ellerja
Member
Member
Joined: 11 Feb 2012
Posts: 22
i just had a simular problem.i had just polishished the crown and was re-zero ing the gun.i had some decent groups.finally was hittting 10 ring when all of the sudden my shots started to drop almost an inch per shot.i felt the scope and it was tight BUT at closer inspection i noticed the rear mount had started to cant over out of line its moving out of square to the scope/gun line.im going to have to get better mounts than the ones the gun came with.these springers are really tough on scopes.im still in disbelieve because ive shot some really powerful centerfire rifles before and never experienced these type of problems. hope this helps. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message
Scope not holding POI after sighting in 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 2 of 2  
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.