Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » .22 break barrel recommendations
.22 break barrel recommendations 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:28 am Reply with quote
viper2788
Hey guys, Ive been out of the airgun game for years but looks like I'm getting back into it. Anyhow, can some of you help me pick out a relatively cheap .22 break barrel rifle? Scope and scope mount recommendations are welcome also. The most important thing to me is accuracy and for the scope to hold its zero over time.

In the past, I've had a crosman nitro venom that I sold due to scope creep even after upgrading scope and mounts. I upgraded to a benjamin disco (which was everything I wanted) but had to sell it due to financial reasons at the time. I'm leaning towards another break barrel now due to easiness of use. Please throw me some recommendations and or/share your experiences. thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:33 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
I have a Benjamin Titan GP and I love it. I replaced the scope that came with it with a UTG 3-12x40 AO and love that too.

I've heard of quality control problems, but if you order from Pyramydair.com you don't have to worry- they'll swap or replace anything if need be. I got my rifle at walmart, though.

They've got fancier models out now, and some that shoot harder- but I think the speed this thing shoots is a sweet spot for 22 pellet. Like any pellet gun, you'll have to buy a variety of pellets and see what it likes- but this rifle is far less picky than any of my .177s were. It will shoot dime sized groups with 6 different kinds of pellets, I've found- and even the bad groups aren't as wild as .177 groups.

The trigger is kind of rough, but you can replace that too, I think. I just use it as a training implement- makes shooting all my powderburners easier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:10 pm Reply with quote
viper2788
Thanks man.

I ended up ordering a Benjamin Prowler and a one-piece scope mount to prevent scope creep. Also ordered an RC bearing for the trigger mod i discovered through youtube. I feel like all of these nitro piston guns from crosman are all the same delivering the same velocities and accuracy with different stock and scope combinations.

That being said, any particular pellets your gun likes the most? I got a 500 tin of crosman premier domed to break it in for now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:52 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Mine likes Predator Polymags and Crow Magnums the best.

I saw your other thread about your barrel- That sounds like bad news. I'd put in for a replacement, I think.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:44 pm Reply with quote
dcw
i would recommend an RWS, HW, Beeman or FWB.

they will dig into your pocket more than most others but, IMO, are well worth the price.

the RWS model 34 is an excellent break barrel rifle that's reliable, accurate and not too costly.

the scope you select should be air gun rated by the manufacturer and possibly need a 'droop' mount.

consult a professional about it before purchasing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:41 am Reply with quote
domer_pyle
Mine doesn't seem to like CPHP but loves HN FTT, Baracuda, and Polymags/Red Fire. Order a Remington Genesis trigger assembly from Crosman and take out the lawyer spring, then adjust the trigger screw out almost all the way and give it a 1/3 turn back in. Way better than the bearing, incredibly light and crisp but your first stage will be kinda long

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:43 am Reply with quote
domer_pyle
Oops, mine is .177 however

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:56 pm Reply with quote
domer_pyle
Just dropped in to re-read some threads, noticed I mentioned a lawyer spring in the trigger group in my above post. I must have been having a brain fart because there is no lawyer spring in that trigger assembly
.22 break barrel recommendations 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics