Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Modding the Crosman 1077 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:18 am Reply with quote
ZipSnipe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I just wanted to add one more tip to this thread.

The lil ammo clip I noticed have lil burs and such from being manufactured and I took a very fine file and lightly removed the burs.

Figured you want as much of a seal around the whole valve/clip /barrel connection as possible.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:29 pm Reply with quote
DavidSaunders
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Interesting mods Smile .

I am looking at possibly getting a new Crosman 1077, and doing most of the mods mentioned by AirGunEric.

Then I will get a powerlet adaptor (one of the fake powerlets to attach a hose), a regulated output Paintball tank (1100PSI output) and a bit of tubing and foster fittings and convert it to use HPA while still alowing the use of CO2 powerlets, or even CO2 Bulking.

Just an idea at this time.
Your 1077 ... 
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Washbush
Location: Beautiful downtown Bloomington, IN, where the road gets wider there by the rail road tracks.
Hey David ...

I have been thinking the same thing. I think those are great ideas. So, if you would like a bud to go along step by step with you, you just found one. Even if all you want to do is compare notes, that's fine with me. I have had this on my mind for a really long time and somehow I just never seem to get to the starting line. With someone to kick my butt once in a while, I might get going.

I already have the 1077 and, in fact, it is all in pieces in a box at the moment. (So, I guess I did start ... sort of.) But, at that time, I had an entirely different idea going. This is a much better idea.

Maybe we could even set up a separate discussion just on this one issue.

Anyone else interested in getting in on this too? Maybe someone with some experience in those mods?

NotRocketSurgery
John
Bloomington, Indiana
Re: Your 1077 ... 
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:38 pm Reply with quote
DavidSaunders
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Washbush wrote:
Hey David ...

I have been thinking the same thing. I think those are great ideas. So, if you would like a bud to go along step by step with you, you just found one. Even if all you want to do is compare notes, that's fine with me. I have had this on my mind for a really long time and somehow I just never seem to get to the starting line. With someone to kick my butt once in a while, I might get going.

I look forward to doing this as a joint project. Ideas contributing to one another tend to make for a better project than just working alone.

So lets do this.
Quote:

I already have the 1077 and, in fact, it is all in pieces in a box at the moment. (So, I guess I did start ... sort of.) But, at that time, I had an entirely different idea going. This is a much better idea.

I intend to pick one up this weekend, if my local Walmart or Dicks has one in stock. Otherwise I will have to order one before I start.
Quote:

Maybe we could even set up a separate discussion just on this one issue.

Sounds like a plan.
Quote:

Anyone else interested in getting in on this too? Maybe someone with some experience in those mods?

NotRocketSurgery
John
Bloomington, Indiana

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Washbush
Location: Beautiful downtown Bloomington, IN, where the road gets wider there by the rail road tracks.
Hey David ...

I had not read this entire thread for quite some time when I replied before. It almost looks to me like any future conversations between us are in a good place. It follows right along with everything else.

Maybe Mr. Moderator has an idea on that.

In any case, I will start brushing up on all the stuff I have missed lately and we'll go from there, until somebody says differently, I guess.

What part of the world are you in?

John

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:59 pm Reply with quote
DavidSaunders
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
@wahsbush:
I am in the greate state of Ohio in the USA.

And it sounds like a good idea to me to continue here.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Maybe start a new thread so your project can take center stage in its own thread. You can always insert a link back here so people looking for information can find this thread, too. Remember that pictures are wonderful. Pictures are great. Did I happen to mention that pictures are a good thing?

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:51 pm Reply with quote
DavidSaunders
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Slavia wrote:
Maybe start a new thread so your project can take center stage in its own thread. You can always insert a link back here so people looking for information can find this thread, too. Remember that pictures are wonderful. Pictures are great. Did I happen to mention that pictures are a good thing?

Ok I created a new thread:
http://www.airgunhome.com/agforum/viewtopic.php?t=9957

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:40 am Reply with quote
Ben78
Lescarroz wrote:

Hi all, I'm a new 1077 owner and have modded mine a little differently to most. I bought it for my kids to shoot targets and have modified it to take the smaller 8g co2 cartridges. Makes it a little cheaper to shoot (12g cartridges are $3ea here compared to 50c for 8g) although 2/3rds the capacity. Also it is lower power as 8g cartridges are filled to 500 bar compared to 650bar of larger cartridges.

With that out of the way I have done the modification but I lost the spring for the little flappy thing above the hammer! All I can tell it does is to catch the hammer in the case of the sear pin shearing is that correct? If so then I am happy to forgo the part but if it is important I'll need to track down a spring again!

Thanks all

Ben

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:01 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
The flap, pin and spring are just for added safety- they are not required for the rifle to operate.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:21 am Reply with quote
Ben78
Thanks Eric, it didn't seem overly important.
Modding the Crosman 1077 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles