Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Info needed on Norinco KL-3B "Fast Deer" Goto page Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:50 pm Reply with quote
2RCHA
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
One KL-3B "fast Deer" Sold, and One .22 Industry "QB-57" purchased http://www.southsummit.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5037
So, I'll be lettin' you guy's know how it is in about 2 week's, that's about how long it took for the B2-2a .22 I ordered from them to arrive. I've been wanting one of these for quite some some time but you could never find them in .22 up here, and even the .177 are selling for $150.00 Shocked , which is outrageous in my opinion, anyway's, I'll keep you boy's up to date, Andy.

XS B9-1 w/AimPoint CompM2
TAC1 Extreme w/Tasco 3-9x40/Var,. Kit
2240/2289g w/Fitco 3-12x40K-GD
Gamo Recon w/ Fitco 2-7x32k
QB-57Deluxe .22 w/Fitco 2-7x32k

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
I would have been more content if you bought the 88. I'm much more interested in that rifle then that weird looking bullpup thing, of which I truly don't understand why someone would want that. It's very much not my thing. Razz I think it looks unbalanced.

I don't think that my contentness is a real matter to you, which is very understandable, and I completely forgive you for that. Wink

If it does it's job however, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much or even more then a QB88. Mr. Green

Anyway, to the point. The Fast Deer truly is an ugly gun, at least in the picture shown before, and to that, the QB 57 is to say the least a big improvement. To my opinion, the before shown "fast deer" looks pretty much the same as a B2, which is to my opinion one of the ugliest rifles around. Mr. Green What I am mostly interested in is the overall finish of the rifle, how it's insides are(overlubed or dry), twangyness, the little details you know.

It sure as hell won't be a FeinWerkBau, but I'm also looking for a chinese gun, and since the quality of these sidelevers around that price range are usually the same here.

I mostly want a cheap sidelever to compare to the FWB, which is certainly going to be a part of my collection. I know there is hardly any comparison, but still I'd like to be able to say that I really know the difference between these rifles.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:43 pm Reply with quote
2RCHA
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think your opinion might change Broom if you had a chance to own, or fire an XSB9-1, the one I have is a joy to shoot, http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs121&d=07473&f=XS-B9-1.jpg ,it's extremely accurate, and powerful for a mid-sized springer(750fps w/lead & 900fps w/SkencoType 1's), and while there are many different varieties of the infamous B2, I think I have the best out of the bunch, mine is the XSB2-2A .22 http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs321&d=07483&f=Picture1320.jpg , and the same goes for this gun, it's a consistant shooter @550fps w/lead and750fps w/Skenco's, and just over 800fps w/ Prometheus, and extremely accurate with any and all. I want to mod my B2 this coming spring I can't wait to see the results, anyway's, I highly recommend this gun as your starter for venturing into "Chinese" airgun's, it's very easy to mod, and take apart etc,. I'm not too sure where you would get one in Holland Broom I know that they are readily available here, and in the US, Let me know if you want me to look around for you. I also have two XS-B4-2A's one in .177, and one in .22 and they are like the rest,LOL, a joy to shoot,Very accurate, and powerful, My .177 B4(tuned by "GunRunner") breaks the sound-barrier using Prometheus pellet's,LOL,while hitting a bullseye Wink , pretty good if you ask me,,I know they don't have a mile long reputation the way the "Euro" brand's do, but I have a feeling that this year at the Beijing Games, China will certainly win Gold using their AirRifles, and Pellets in Competition,,LOL,,Anyway's, I hope this help's, Andy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:44 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
I have owned 2 B2's, and everyone here said that it would be better to get a used Slavia and tune that. Which I did, and I don't regret it. Mr. Green Used Slavia's can be darn cheap here, and you can always shave some of the price. (By the way, a used B2 is also really cheap, but the versions I had were butt-ugly, allthough I admit, they did shoot.)

I want a Sidelever, and I would like to try the QB88 because I happen to know that a Weihrauch HW85 spring fits right in there. I'm still looking for someone who can give me/sell me the right kinds of aftermarket parts, but that won't be too hard, as the Netherlands are homme to a lot of springer-gunners. Wink

Tuning the trigger will be a bit harder for me, but I might be able to get my hands on a DaTuna trigger or even get someone to make something like it for me.

About the QB-57/XSB9-1 I can only say that truly don't like the bullpup concept on a springer, allthough I think that at least the synthetic stock looks a lot better. It will probably be illegal because it looks a bit to much like a real firearm here, so I don't have to worry about it in the first place. Mr. Green

What's the thing with breaking the sound barrier, that's not the least good a thing, unless you get a higher caliber to compensate for the instability effect. Neutral

The thing with European air-rifles is that they probably have the best warranty, most ready to apply parts and least amount of mods needed to be done before you have a thoroughly good rifle (in Europe). Weihrauch also puts in a really good trigger, and the only better ones are FWB's, or olympic rifles in General.

My problem with chinese airguns is that they just copy things. I have the same problem with asian cars. They lack soul. It also goes for the bullpup sidelever. It might be good, but it's just not "that". And the way it looks just hurts my designers spirit. Eek Prices on Euro-rifles aren't high for nothing you pay for something with a soul. Off course, because they copy it's easyer to exchange parts. I also find "made in Germany" a bit better then "made in China", to be honest. Think about the kids!

I've shot several Chinese rifles recently, just no sidelevers yet, and I can say that I can feel some kind of difference that just gives me a bit of a bad feeling. But hey, that feeling might change, who knows. That's also why I want to tune a bit on my own chinese, preferable something that can be a real workhorse and scores good on the previews.

So, Andy, if you ever happen to run into a QB88, or getting your hands on one, please don't hesitate to let me know how it will do.

Adding to that, I think that a new gun should never be shot out of the box. First a good lubrication with the right stuff, on more powerfull rifles maybe a spring exchange, top-hat, spring-(dispenser? I can't recall the right word)-thing and maybe a trigger tune. These things commonly can be done quite cheaply, with a bit of handshaking.

Don't get me wrong, it's perfectly alright to be happy with a chinese airgun. I'm perfectly happy with my Slavia, allthough others can't live with it. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:05 am Reply with quote
2RCHA
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
When I ordered my XS B2-2A from South Summit in the States it arrived with a beautiful finish on the stock, but I should of guessed that something that looked so good had to have something wrong with it, about 2 months later I noticed tiny hair-line cracks starting to appear at the base of the stock where the butt-plate is, so I removed the butt-plate to find bare wood and the wood starting to check from humidity. so after squeezeing a tube, and a half of super-glue into the cracks, and sealing the butt, I gave the stock a bed-liner coat to cover up the minor imperfections that were left. Incidently, that was one of the first thing's that I checked when I got the "Fast Deer", and it seems that QC has not improved in the paint dept because there was lot's of bare wood on the stock, one of the reason's that made selling the gun that much easier, Cheer's, Andy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:53 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Say, that makes sense. Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:38 pm Reply with quote
DAMAGE
The KL-3B is actually a very accurate gun I have had 3 or 4 of them in the past but they do need a little bit of work and yes the stock is but ugly and like a lot of Chinese guns they are made with barrel droop this is actually done for a reason though but I wont get into that the cure is a shim in the rear scope mount.
I think they stopped importing them due to a safety problem & it is true that I have herd these guns being called thumb choppers & finger cutters due to the cocking mech, As you pull the cocking lever back it makes a clicking sound then locks sorta works like a winch system and locks in place the problem is this part of the gun is only spot wielded on and has been known to break of while people have been loading and the breach slams home removing what ever fingers are in the way. Shocked
I have fixed this problem with reinforced wielding and a locking pin that holds the breach open.
With the work I have done on mine and the right pellets it's as accurate if not more than my Shadow 1000 Now I just need to rebuild the stock.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Mar
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DAMAGE wrote:

the problem is this part of the gun is only spot wielded on and has been known to break of while people have been loading and the breach slams home removing what ever fingers are in the way. Shocked

Does this included the QB88 also? That one has a beartrap which I suppose as long as you visually make sure it's up and blocking, it should be fairly safe, NO?

How many have you seen fail?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:42 am Reply with quote
DAMAGE
I have heard of three of these rifles failing and giving people the chop and I bet there have been more but still a bloody good fun shooter for the price ya just have to strengthen a few spots & yup bear trap was the word I was after and if the QB88 as a similar setup I would be checking it maybe getting it reinforced a bit more.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quote
BEANER
Speaking of asian made cars. I know chinese made products are on the cheap end. I do however wish that japan would make a springer. I owned a couple of datsun/nissan 240z's and 280z's. Those were the best,inspiring cars ever. If you look at most vehicles now,they are cloned after them. Think about it, china clones from other. Others clone from japan. Its too bad japan does not make springers. I have heard though the fast dear from cummings tool was an ok gun if you get a decent one. A lot of people have had to return one because of problems. Some people get lucky, it is a cheap gun so there is not much to expect. But if you get a good one,im sure it will be pretty accurate. How hard is it to make a barrel sorta strait, and have the barrel lock up tight? Or if its a sidelever then you are almost guaranteed accuracy(maybe not where your pointing it though) just as long as the seal can push the same amount of air out each time you pull the trigger. Im sure if the seal is bad(easy fix)then your accuracy will suffer greatly due to rising and falling fps. Good luck with your fast deer though, i hope its not a lemon and you have fingers left to type and load more pellets among other things.
Info needed on Norinco KL-3B "Fast Deer" 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics