Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » nitro piston guns Goto page 1, 2  Next
nitro piston guns 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:51 am Reply with quote
burl
are nitro piston gun as hard on scopes as a reg spring piston .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:05 pm Reply with quote
mtsheron
I don't think so. In fact mine felt smoother. Sold the gun because I could never get it zeroed in. The piston itself...........very nice.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:32 pm Reply with quote
robert w
i agree less recoil but i couldnt get mine to shoot twice in the same place . nitro is a great idea but the rest have to be made as well. mine was a benjamin titan gp i liked all but the accuracy

,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:30 pm Reply with quote
viper2788
I also had trouble with my crosman nitro venom regarding accuracy. First of all, the 3-9x32 scope it came with didnt handle the recoil very well, as POI would shift so often I got tired of zeroing it in. When I upgraded to a better scope, I found the POI would remain stable but accuracy was still an issue. I was shooting about 3" groups at 30 yards. Its probably just me and my "hold," but I shortly gave up on mine. No more break barrels for me

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:26 pm Reply with quote
donwalk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i have the benjamin trail NP in 22

i cannot seem to get a 'zero' either and i've done all the known 'fixes' to no avail.

i tried numerous types of pellets thinking they might be the 'cure'

right now, it's on a "Time out" sitting in my closet awaiting a fate of who knows what?

i like the power and operation, but it's not what it should be... Neutral Crying or Very sad

i would not get another Benjamin NP unless they improve the accuracy factor.

OTOH...i have a Beeman RX that i WOULD get another. (if i wanted to go that route again.)

Last edited by donwalk on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:28 pm Reply with quote
robert w
i just returned my titan to walmart . we all seem to have issues with crosman guns , i know they have a huge inventory but how do they stay in buisness as everybody returns the crap and most get their money back and buy a german gun such as a diana 34? we all should have looked , for just a little more $$$ we would be shooting a fine d-34

,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:25 pm Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
I bet most buyers are teenagers that shoot a couple soup cans from 15 feet away and are happy because it flips them up in the air. I get that impression from Youtube anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:52 am Reply with quote
robert w
I used to think crosman was a great reputable company. was away from air for years. when i returned i got crosman . boy did i get fooled.i have a crosman 400 that ive had since i was 14 it needs seal kit but never missed a shot unless low on co2. reputation was why i went back . no more crosman guns here. . bought my first german gun a used hw-55 then a bunch of dianas . anything man made can break but every crosman i had was returned more than 1 time . im burned with them chinese junkers. Faq-U

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:20 pm Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
They make some really good stuff, but they offer a whole range of quality for price lower points, too, I guess.

Cheers,
Rob

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:58 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
I don't have the box or documents anymore, but I think my Gamo Viper has one of those springs? Can anyone help me confirm that? Anyway, my gun is pretty much a tack driver, and once I got the scope on tight enough, I've never had a problem and would in fact testify that it has held a zero through not only thousands of shots, but being dropped and banged around a time or two. Amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:30 am Reply with quote
DipStick
I don't see the Problem.. I own a Benjamin Titan GP .22 And Accuracy is NOT one of its issues. Yes the Factory Scope Isn't to great beyond 15 20 yards, Trigger.. well it needs some work *GRT III Trigger turns the TITAN GP into another gun*

But Accuracy just isn't an issue.. at least not for me. I will say though, this gun is NOT a Good Beginner Gun its not one you can just pick up and shoot and be accurate it takes some knowledge must hold the gun correct using the Artillery Hold.

Fixing the Trigger (i just removed my spring, losens it up a bit, my Charlie Trigger hasn't come in the mail yet) and putting on a good AO Scope like a Leapers 5th Gen 3-9x50 AO ( http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Leapers_5th_Gen_3_9x50_AO_Mil_Dot_Rifle_Scope_with_R_G_Reticle_1_Tube/658 )

Then your set..

Regards, Tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:34 am Reply with quote
DipStick
toadmyster223 wrote:
I don't have the box or documents anymore, but I think my Gamo Viper has one of those springs? Can anyone help me confirm that? Anyway, my gun is pretty much a tack driver, and once I got the scope on tight enough, I've never had a problem and would in fact testify that it has held a zero through not only thousands of shots, but being dropped and banged around a time or two. Amazing.

Your Gamo Viper is a Springer, not a Nitro Piston, unless its a Gamo Viper Shadow Express (those come in a Nitro Piston)

Regards, Tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Hrm. I don't think it's an Express... Really not positive though :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:33 pm Reply with quote
robert w
dipstick your 1 of the lucky ones . i have never had troubles with accuracy with my dianas or hw's 2 crosman guns is all i can take ,my old 400 crosman was a fine gun ,still is but quality sure went downhill in the last 20 or so years . and the price of a titan is just a little less than a famous diana 34 specially after you add a trigger and your time is worth something . dianas right out of the box clean the bore and shoot most of mine were very close with open sights

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:45 pm Reply with quote
cyberfish2
radar wrote:
I bet most buyers are teenagers that shoot a couple soup cans from 15 feet away and are happy because it flips them up in the air. I get that impression from Youtube anyway.

Gonna be 73 in nine days, just bought a Crosman Titan GP last Feb. Had to change the scope(of course), and shot a LOT of different pellets thru it. Set zero using the ones that gave me the best ten shot group at 30 feet, Gamo Match Diablos .22 cal. Got consistant groups I could cover with a dime, plenty accurate enough for me, and way better than I expected from a $100 gun (This is the lower velosity model, bench rested, 6X scope.) However, the POI changed as much as 1 1/2" using other pellets, and shooting at 60' on the back deck. Some groups were quarter sized, others, lots bigger. I did do a few tweeks I'd rather not discuss at forum level, that voided the warranty, but I got it to experiment on, and so far, I REALLY like the GP. It is smoooth to shoot and easy to cock. I have an additional GP on order to put in my Gamo Whisper, and will post more about that when I get all the mods done.

.22/.177 Beeman RS2
.177 Daisy 880
Several pistols and antique airguns.
nitro piston guns 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles