Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Sold the Benji Trail NP to get..........
Sold the Benji Trail NP to get.......... 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quote
mtsheron
what I should have from the begining, a Weihrauch HW97K! I missed German beauty and well made air rifles! So went back to German. I just never got use to the finicky hold the NP required!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:54 am Reply with quote
Airhead
Are German springers easier to shoot then other springers? I thought a springers was a springer, and they are all hold sensitive! I guess quality craftsmanship should be easier to shoot then lower end products.

Benjamin Classsic
Walthers CP Sport

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:49 pm Reply with quote
mtsheron
I never could get the NP sighted in without fliers. I like the gun but when you shoot 10 shot strings and 5 shots are near center then 5 shots are 3-4" away with same hold and same pellet, something is astray.

I like German springers due to their quality for sure and ended up selling the Benji to get the Weihrauch.

I hate the Trail could never get sighted in.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Congrats mtsheron, that is a beaut!

Airhead wrote:
Are German springers easier to shoot then other springers? I thought a springers was a springer, and they are all hold sensitive! I guess quality craftsmanship should be easier to shoot then lower end products.

I can only speak for my RWS Diana 34 which is an entry level German springer. It is far less hold sensitive than my Chinese guns. Some springer have a lot of harsh torque and bounce, and some are smoother in the shot cycle. That's the difference. You would not believe the difference in a lubed and broken-in 34 and a Crosman Quest, for example. Just my experience.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:57 pm Reply with quote
mtsheron
Airhead wrote:

Yes. This particular model does not care about hold from the owner's on a German site I spoke with. A quality piece is yes, like the Cadillac of guns. I am reminded of a age old saying, "you get what you pay for."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quote
robert w
i got rid of my crosman quest and it came home as a d54 to sleep with my 2 d 34's and d 5g tm and a nice hw-55 . almost all german guns for me . my benjamin titan took lots of tinkering to make it a shooter my dianas and wierauch just took setting the sights . all of them do their part if i do my part. cant beat german quality and workmanship . even it costs more $$$ i will refrain from any more chinese guns

,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:49 am Reply with quote
mtsheron
robert w wrote:
cant beat german quality and workmanship . even it costs more $$$ i will refrain from any more chinese guns

Amen brother! If you have to save longer then save to buy quality! I will be hard pressed to ever buy anything other than German quality again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:52 am Reply with quote
mtsheron
Two of the best rifles I had were Korean PCP's listed in my signature! Very accurate and some of the hardest hitters I had. But with PCP's come alot of investment and with a age old and proven springer...........no need for that fancy stuff! Not saying I won't get another PCP but simplicity is the delight of many!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:53 pm Reply with quote
donwalk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
my Benjamin NP Trail is no match for my Beeman RX... Wink Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:23 pm Reply with quote
robert w
well the titan did what all cheep chinese junk does it went to shooting everywhere looked like i shot a 12 guage .out came the grt trigger back with hte old , and back to the cheep centerpoint and to walmart for my money. im just holdin up till i can get another d -54 in .22 have 2 -34's need another 54 so the dianas are equil. love the feel of a smooth german gun finish and wood is best . triggers dont need anything right out of the box , find a chinese gun you can just clean the bore and shoot without a bad time . every chinese gun needs tinkering to shoot well , a diana just needs cleaning and shoot hard . built like a panzer tank.

,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store
Sold the Benji Trail NP to get.......... 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles