Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols » There's another Twinmaster! :D
There's another Twinmaster! :D 
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:35 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Twinmasters are 6 shot CO2 or PCP pistols with pretty decent accuracy. Alstone has one, and he modded the crap out of it, and you can use the search function to find that out yourself! Mr. Green

After shooting a friends' Twinmaster a couple of weeks ago, my hands started to itch again, especially seeing how my girlfriend enjoyed shooting it too. She actually told me to buy one, and though young our relation still is, I felt the need to obey.

Now before setting of further, I had a Twinmaster on Co2 before but back then I ran out of money and it was the first to go. Neutral

About a week ago, I asked around on the dutch forum about the prices of used Twinmasters. Preferably a PCP version. The first reaction was "I have one that's in parts and I don't feel like putting it back together. I'll send it to you for FREE."

After sending the guy a private message asking: " 's this a joke, pal?" , we came to the agreement that I would pay for the shipping and he would send me a FREE gun. EyesWideOpen

Whelp, here it is:

Ain't she a purdy? Razz Whelp, not really, looks like a screwdriver or somehing...

Mind ya'll, it didn't arrive in one piece, I had to put it back together, so beforehand I took the liberty to mail Alstone, who provided me with some pretty good pictures on how to put the gun back together. Thanks Al! Here's to Twinmaters! Wink

It took me about 45 minutes to fully assemble the gun, (Springs Galore! This gun has a whole bunch of small springs you don't wanna loose, but they will, oh yes, they will!) but the magazine wouldn't stay put when pushing it clockwise and it wouldn't align well either.

So I took it apart again, loosing some springs in the process. About 45 minutes later I came to a solution with a small spring from a pen. I put in a tiny screw for a spring guide. I reassembled it for a third time and presto, the gun was there!

First real mod I'm gonna do is buy the CO2 conversion. Wink

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Nice acquisition Anton and it didn’t take you long to get it working, BTW it’s an eight shot unless yours is different?

If you get a pcp conversion ( not cheap ) I have the info for adjusting the regulator for more power, I did give it a bit of though about converting mine, but seeing as Co2 is cheap over here I didn’t bother, also seeing as the legal limit for pistols is 6flb and I can get this from Co2 I’m happy.

These pistols when fitted with a silencer are so quite you sometimes wonder whether it has fired.

Al

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Crosman140
OK, we want more pictures...and videos of that silencer in action. Those are illegal over here, so we have to live vicariously through chaps like you.

.177 Crosman 1377 (2009)
.177 Daisy 880 (2019)
BB Daisy Red Ryder (2012)
BB Daisy Buck (2019)
BB Crosman 1600 (1980)
BB Marksman 1010 (1979)

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
A free gun and a girlfriend that likes shooting? Life is good.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:09 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
@ Al: You are correct! It is an 8 shot clip. The conversion is about 180 ($ 250) euro's. That's as much as you pay for a Crosman 2300.

The CO2 Twinmaster is 300-something (Over $420) and the PCP 400-something ($560). I'm also selling the Ruger Blackhawk since I have no real need for it right now so I think I've made myself a pretty good deal.

Also, a pistol is a bit more practical at the moment since I'll also be moving out in a couple of months, meaning I won't have that much space to shoot. Wink

Then again, I have two other guns in the making... Razz

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:39 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
I've been trying some point shooting yesterday. I can keep the pellets in about a 2/3 inch area at about 6 yards. That any good? :P

It's a helluva lot of fun to shoot but I think the CO2 cartridges run out way to quick. It's also not that powerfull so I'm gonna guess I'm getting that conversion kit as soon as I can. Then you can see when you're running low on air.

I've already had the gun lock up on me because a pellet didn't have enough proppellant behind it to get into the barrel from the magazine and got stuck halfway. Since I already ran out of CO2 cartridges I had to resolve to using a hammer to get it out.

I seriously don't like using hammers on guns.

I also added a bit more preload. In stead of the washers I just put in a small nut that would fit snugly around the spring guide. Still as easy to shoot but it should be a bit more powerfull.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:01 am Reply with quote
Alstone
When new Rohm supply a plastic ram rod to clear pellets from the barrel when the Co2 runs out.

Packing the hammer spring makes no diffrence at all to a twinmaster, but extra weight on the hammer does, you could also adjust the barrel to magazine clearence to improve it more, but this needs a special spanner.

The next thing is work on the valve which will get it up to about 575 fps.

Have fun

Al

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:12 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Alstone wrote:
When new Rohm supply a plastic ram rod to clear pellets from the barrel when the Co2 runs out.

Packing the hammer spring makes no diffrence at all to a twinmaster, but extra weight on the hammer does, you could also adjust the barrel to magazine clearence to improve it more, but this needs a special spanner.

The next thing is work on the valve which will get it up to about 575 fps.

Have fun

Al

Good info. Another reason why I put in the nut is because the washers went missing. Razz I took it apart and they all flew trough the room. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:45 pm Reply with quote
DavidS
Banned
Well Anton,

That was indeed a lucky find to say the least !
Glad you got it working properly.

I hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of enhancing the image for you and saving it as a Jpg.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:11 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Some people may recall I was working on grips for the twinmaster.

It did not go well, but since I got a new one I thought maybe I'd give it a shot again.

Thing is, I believe that it would be better to build a frame to attach the grips to, like seen on regular revolvers...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:43 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Whelp, time to kick this one back to life. I ordered a Twinmaster conversion kit so I can convert it to PCP. Mr. Green More on this later!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Nice one Anton. Thumb Up!

Let me know if you want info on adjusting the regulator.

Al

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:41 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Yes please! Mr. Green

I already followed up your valve-boring. I used small, very thin diamond files to get the job done. It looked like your valve after I was done. Razz

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols