Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Best gun out of the box Goto page Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:28 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
SematicShooter wrote:
And, I wonder if it can do through a broom

But a broom is a harmless creature that wants nothing but peace and order... Shocked

Oh by the way, one of the things that come with a Diana: They're great out of the box! Wink It's kind of their thing. Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quote
SematicShooter
Haha, I didn't think anyone would catch that.

I really am looking forward to the RWS 34. You guys got me hyped. Smile

I haven't told you guys what gun I have yet.
I have the Crosman 2100B.

I also have a nice scope and some pellets. I orginally wanted the 34. But I didn't have the budget.

So I have a couple more questions.

Rust. How to get rid of it, how to prevent it?
I found some on my barrel, and I used gamo gun oil with a rag to get some off. But there is still some on it.
I also have it in some of my screws on my scope mount. I got pretty much all of that out the same way.

I also want to know how to engage the stop pin on my scope mount. I see the little hole on the mount, over the stop pin, but I don't know what to do with it, any help?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:48 pm Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Use a proper sized allen key to lower the stop pin in the rear ring, enough to protrude through the base. Align the mount to the rail using the stop pin and its respective hole on the receiver. You may have to raise the pin or lower it for proper fit. Lower the pin to a suitable depth (not much is really needed on a 2100).

On a springer you may need to file the point off of the stop pin (should yours have a point), so it may be sunk far enough to be effective. This will be a must on the D34.

For external use only: WD-40 will adequately remove and inhibit small amounts of rust. Use it to clean the parts, then wash with rubbing alcohol and let dry. Now for the screws, add a drop of blue loc-tite and tighten securely. Let the setup sit and cure for 24 hours before shooting.

Make sure to set the gun in a level manner, so the top of the scope rail is horizontal. Add the rings, and then the scope. Put the ring screws in only finger tight and then make sure the scope is horizontal. Tighten evenly and check to make sure the scope has not moved whilst tightening the screws.

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:39 pm Reply with quote
bhaenn
fritz, you got mail

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:19 pm Reply with quote
SematicShooter
Yeah, I know that you don't need it for the 2100, it's just that I'd need to know how once I get my rifle. Thanks again for the usefull information.

I hate to milk every last bit of this thread, but I'm going to anyways. Laughing

http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/zoomed_model.pl?model_id=1917

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpC0UBLAFRQ

I'm in love with the stock of this rifle. I want to know what you guys think of this rifle. I'm not saying I'm not going to get the rws 34, I just really hope you guys can convince me to get this instead. Jokes aside, I'll really curious to see if anyone owns this rifle, and can tell me what they think of it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:58 am Reply with quote
faithfulfatherof2
SematicShooter wrote:
Yeah, I know that you don't need it for the 2100, it's just that I'd need to know how once I get my rifle.

You say you don't have an attitude but as fas I see you do have one. People are only trying to help you. Maybe if you didn't respond with sarcasm you may get more responses. Get the 34! Learn the rifle and how to shoot a springer. ENOUGH SAID!

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles