Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Wal-Mart Crosman Titan GP
Wal-Mart Crosman Titan GP 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:50 am Reply with quote
jmrarick
I just picked up the Crosman Titan GP from wally world. It is my third air rifle. I had a Beeman RS2 with the interchangeable barrels. It was not a good apple. So I got rid of it and got a Crosman G1 that was much better. So when I saw the .22 Titan GP for $149 (in Denver, Colorado) with the "nitro piston" advertised on the box I snatched it up.

The hardwood stock seems pretty nice. The barrel break seems like a nice cosmetic touch too. The adjustable trigger leaves something to be desired but is about on par with the adjustable trigger on the G1. I will be ordering an aftermarket trigger for sure. It came with a CenterPoint 4x32 scope that just wont stay put! The recoil knocks it back with every shot! The scope rings it comes with are not adequate at all. I will need to get some new rings just to sight it in.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the NPSS series mechanics? I would like to know what the difference between the standard NPSS and the higher powered models like the Trial NP XL 1100 is? Does the gas spring have a higher volume of nitrogen in it? is there a larger cylinder volume?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:37 pm Reply with quote
jmrarick
Bump!

I just ordered a weaver base for it and some weaver base rings because I cant get the damn scope to stay put! I put blue locktite all over it and still the scope slides back with every shot! My brother has a very nice chronograph used for paintball. I'm going up to see him this week and get some numbers. Hopefully a decent FPE rating.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:38 pm Reply with quote
kaz
have you ever tried using black electrical tape on the scope itself? it will keep it from sliding in the rings.ive used it on everything i ever scoped.
i am interested on how well this shoots. i seen them at walmarts too. looks nice. i like the stock configuration. wouldnt mind butchering one of those stocks to make a nice back pack critter getter platform.take care .kaz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:40 pm Reply with quote
jmrarick
I got a scope stop and sighted her in. My backyard isn't so big but I can stack shots on top of each other at 10 meters with a sandbag rest. The groups easily fit inside a dime.

The stock is heavy though. I like to go backpacking and a lighter stock would make this a great backpacking rifle. I think the action is just about identical to my G1 extreme except for the caliber and nitro-piston. What kind of super light weight stock options do I have? Has anyone done a stock for an NPSS or Trail NP?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:01 am Reply with quote
Amigo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If most backpack shooting will be 'off-hand', a lighter rifle is generally more difficult to hold steady and maintain a sight picture than with a heavier rifle.

Since backpacking with a sandbag could be less handy than a perceived heavy rifle, be careful what you wish for.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:35 am Reply with quote
donec
When backpacking why not carry a walking stick with a rifle rest built in it would give you something to help you with rough terrain and a support for your rifle when shooting as needed. They are light weight also.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:43 pm Reply with quote
jmrarick
I take trekking poles with me. They could easily be used as a stand or just bring a burlap bag and fill it with dirt when I get to where I'm going to set up camp. The weight I have to carry over mountains (I live in Colorado) is more critical. If I could just take the action and attach a trigger frame (like many paintball guns have) and an adjustable folding stock I would be good to go.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:52 am Reply with quote
Griff1950
The Titan will drop into the Storm XT stock. I have not been at all satisfied with the accuracy of my Titan. The Storm XT outshoots it, and for 1/3 the cost. WalMart is closing out the XTs for $54.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:38 am Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
They aren't closing them out in my walmart. THey just put it in a cheap clamshell plastic package and are still retailing it for 109. I wanted another storm to customize but it's not gonna happen at full price.

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles