Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Picture Gallery » I just bought the Crossman 2240 :) Goto page Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:00 pm Reply with quote
plymouth1970
AirGunEric wrote:
Did you look at sandman's big bore collection?

http://www.airgunhome.com/agforum/viewtopic.php?t=52

They're all based on the 2240- although they don't have very much left of them from 'out of the box'.

Yes i saw those awesome i want to own a big bore myself but i do not have the tools and skills to make it.
And dennis quakenbush doesnt make the kits anymore ive read so maybe later Sad/Cry

hatsan70/hatsan75/crosman 1077/crosman 2240 kung grips custom/crosman 2240 rb grips custom/crosman 2240 rb grips custom 2/crosman 1377 rick andres custom/crosman 2250 custom/qb78 stock/qb78 custom/umarex mod.jagd/kids gamo delta/kids baikal izh 60/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:00 pm Reply with quote
kdoubt
So Ive used up all my pellets and half my CO2. This is great fun shooting around at stuff. Looking forward to more space for more targeting Smile

For now I think I'll leave everything stock, but I can see replacing the breech and the grip in the future.
Longer barrel 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:11 am Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Just to let you know

A longer barrel does not increase the accuracy by the length of the barrel technically!

The accuracy comes from the increased power and velocity which is generated by the length of the barrel, The longer barrel gives more time for the pellet to reach a higher velocity before reaching the muzzle, This increase in power and velocity flattens the trajectory of the pellet which then increases the accuracy at longer distances.

The power and velocity of the Airgun can be inceased further by adjusting the hammer spring to let the valve open for a longer time, letting the valve open for a longer time with a long barrel lets say about 24" (for a rifle that is, or a pistol if you have incredibly strong wrists and your crazy of course), will increase the power and velocity of the pellet, but will also use a lot more air.

Yet the rifle can be tuned so that the valve closes completly just as the pellet reaches the muzzel of the rifle, just like Gunrunner has done on his QB78 PCP, In the "Rifles" section.

Stevie7777 Thumb Up!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:53 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
kdoubt's last post about mods was separated and sent to the "Pistols" forum as its own topic.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:14 am Reply with quote
kdoubt
thanks
I just bought the Crossman 2240 :) 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Picture Gallery