Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » WALMART AIR RIFLES Goto page 1, 2  Next
WALMART AIR RIFLES 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:52 pm Reply with quote
azurevirus
Hi All, Im interested in purchasing a walmart air rifle..as it being walmart I dont think it would be of the best quality..but Im looking to add an air rifle to my reg gun collection..does anyone in here have a walmart air rifle?..are you happy with the realiabilty/power of it?...Im looking for something to knock down a critter rabbit size or smaller..(maybe a possum)..and ideas on the walmart guns for these possible targets,, suggestions..ideas?..Im totally new to air rifles and ws told it would be a good gun to have for a "quiet" survival gun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Crosman140
I've look at some of the Wally World air rifles. They look decent enough for the price and most of them include the scope. Hopefully, they used the shock resist scopes. Laughing

Some of these guns make about as much noise as a 22 short rimfire. So, hard to say if it will be a quiet survival gun or not.

.177 Crosman 1377 (2009)
.177 Daisy 880 (2019)
BB Daisy Red Ryder (2012)
BB Daisy Buck (2019)
BB Crosman 1600 (1980)
BB Marksman 1010 (1979)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
My G1 came from Walmart. The price was right, but it took a lot of work to get it where I wanted it to be.

There are many, many alternatives on the internet. What price range are you looking at?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Be specific about which Wal-Mart unit you are talking about. All Wal-Mart products are re-labelled something else. If you tell us which, we could perhaps give you a better idea of it's specific quality/value.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Crosman140
I would like this info as well as I've been considering getting a springer from Walmart.

.177 Crosman 1377 (2009)
.177 Daisy 880 (2019)
BB Daisy Buck (2019)
BB Crosman 1600 (1980)
BB Marksman 1010 (1979)
WALMART AIR RIFLES 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:52 pm Reply with quote
azurevirus
Sorry, didnt know thhat wallyworld carried more than one brand or size of air rifles..Im air rifle ignorant..havent owned one in 35 yrs and was just thinking about adding one to my actual rifles..I will have to ck them out closer next time I go there to get more info on them..Slavias post that it took a lot to get it to perform the way he wanted sort of answers my question tho..Ive looked at various ones online and they looked impressive until I think of the 22 rifle they do have there at walmarts thats 60% cheaper than some of the air rifles I did look at online..as far as price I was looking at ..had no set price ..didnt know that they could be that expensive to be honest with you and from I read in responses to this post they are or can be noisey also..maybe I should go with the 22 rifle..bottom line is I would want one to get game to eat ..squirrels..rabbits...maybe a possum..and that prob would require either a 22 rifle or a pretty expensive air rifle (Im thinking)....hate to buy a walmart rifle and then be disappointed with it...thanks anyways guys

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:13 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Don't let Slavia discourage you- there is nothing critically wrong with the G1- he got one on clearance and then decided to customize it to death. He suffers from an affliction called "airgunitis" where he just can't leave well enough alone. Mr. Green

The G1, by the way, is NOT Wal-Mart specific, just one model they happen to carry as well.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:54 am Reply with quote
Slavia
Quote:
he got one on clearance and then decided to customize it to death

Not true! I had decided to customize it to death before I bought it.

But Eric is right - I shot it most of the summer like it came out of the box. Good power, fair accuracy.

Which brings up another point - power. Many manufacturers will claim a certain velocity level of performance (say, 1000 FPS). This is with the lightest pellets available; "real world" (i.e., commonly available) pellets will be heavier and therefore slower (say 800 FPS). It doesn't make the gun bad, it's just misleading.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:04 am Reply with quote
Amigo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
azurevirus:

Although selection may vary from region to region and store to store, WalMart is currently selling Crosman, Daisy and Beeman airguns. Crosman does package for WalMart the Crosman Quest with a lessor priced scope than they normally market as a Quest (rifle & scope) Combo. This lessor priced package is labeled Crosman Storm but it is still a model C1K77 rifle. Unlike some airguns, Crosman spare parts are relatively inexpensive and readily available through Crosman with a $4.00 flat shipping rate.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:54 am Reply with quote
Crosman140
Also, probably go with the .22 air rifle. It is good for game and will shoot paper and cans when you want to too.

All I had for 29 years was a $40 Daisy Powerline 880 in .177. I wouldn't want it for a food getter...well, unless I was stuck in the wilderness with NO other alternative. Shocked

I was recently given a Crosman 140 in .22 (circa 1955). I had new seals put in and a valve and it is shaping up into a fine rifle. I see the benefits of the .22 cal simply due to the ballistics. So far, it's giving me 3/4" groups at 10 meters with iron sights.

Right now in my area, Walmart is offering an air rifle with two barrels, one of which is a .22. If it were me, I'd look in that direction. Just keep the .22 on there...if you switch back and forth with the barrels, you will have to sight your scope back in each time you change. But, perhaps for a survival gun, you won't want the scope.

I think it was around $129 or something like that.

But, the G1 looked decent too if you don't want

.177 Crosman 1377 (2009)
.177 Daisy 880 (2019)
BB Daisy Buck (2019)
BB Crosman 1600 (1980)
BB Marksman 1010 (1979)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:13 am Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
I suggust saving your time and getting a gun that you will love, and likely never have problems with.

Springers: Diana 34, Beeman RS series, all 3-4 guns are under $250, have wooden stocks (unless you want synthetic, the Diana and some Beeman have them), shoot well, and love to hunt.

Co2: Crosman 22xx series guns. Short, light, decently accurate, highly modifiable, powerful enough for small game.

With the Crosman guns you can pay $50-85 for the base gun, sets like the 2250xt have a stock, scope, and steel breech, the 2250xt also uses 88gram co2 tanks.

I do not suggust buying a gun from wally world unless it is a Crosman, or Remmington (which is made by Crosman). I do not list gamo because I do not support their products or some things they have done.

P.S. Welcome to the forum.

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:53 am Reply with quote
dummyracer36
its like anything else really, buy the best you can afford. just have realistic expectations for the product you choose.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:30 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
A Diana 34 in .22 should be enough for hunting small game. I've heard behaviour is better in .22, and you get about 700-750 fps I think.

WHICH IS ENOUGH!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:37 am Reply with quote
lauchlin
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
broommaster2000 wrote:
A Diana 34 in .22 should be enough for hunting small game. I've heard behaviour is better in .22, and you get about 700-750 fps I think.

WHICH IS ENOUGH!

The fastest 34D i have ever chronyed was 690 fps in 22 cal all new guns .I do agree they are a great for taking rabbits and i have even taken coons occasionally with one

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:52 am Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Walmart carries low end, brand name air rifles like Gamo, Beeman, Daisy, and Crosman. All are priced under $150. Walmart is all about price, and so the least expensive, most popular airguns are going to be what they sell. Obviously the daisy bb guns will sell the most, but they realize that airgunning is gaining popularity and that even Walmart customers are willing to pay more for better airguns.

I got my gamo air shotgun there and I'm happy with it insofar as I got what I expected. Honestly, being from walmart itself doesn't make the item crap, but if you buy a crap item, regardless of where it's from then it is still just crap. Keep that in mind.

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles